Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wants this done at a reasonable price??

If there is enough interests.. I'm going to work something out with this shop!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price will be reasonable!

It would help if you guys can post how much you would pay someone to do this work.. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
"Reasonable" is a relative term. How about just find out what they would charge and go from there as to whether or not the price can be reduced based on "group buy"? It also may help if you specify what they're converting to LED (gauge cluster, ac stuff, ignition ring, odometer, etc...?). Finally, I would assume most people (myself anyway) would want to see pictures of their work, rather than just diving in, unless it's a reputable shop that everyone knows about - even then, people may still want examples. Just a suggestion, or 3.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
I'd be in.

·
11,221 Posts
If I remember correctly, when michaelvanle used to do it, he would charge around $70-$80 or so.
Yes I used to charge $80 I think. I'm an individual, and I do it on my free time. Turnaround time was ULTRA quick too. From the time I get it, and the time I ship it out, it's around 1-3 days (depending on what's being done and various problems that may incur).

I believe there was a similar thread like this a while back with some shop who does Lexus LEDs also. I believe that thread died out as the shop was unable to do it, or was charging too much.

Prepare to spend 2-8 hours on an AC Unit. If all goes smoothly and you know what you are doing you can crack it out in 2 hours. But if it's your first time, or you get problems with some LEDs, prepare to spend a lot of time fixing it.

I doubt a shop will be able to do it within "reasonable price". I'd imagine they'd charge at least $200 for the AC unit? At that price, it's prob worth it for the person to attempt to do it on their own, as it is fairly easy.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
in for the Broly price....

·
Registered
295 Posts
i would be interested for a reasonable price

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One day turnaround time.
They will keep the parts for only one day.

They can do everything that lights up inside the car.
The absolute MAXIUM price will be 300 but that is everything that lights up inside the car.

To give you an idea, they charge the STi people 85-100 for cluster depending on the color. HVAC controls for 35-50. Window controls for 25. Switches are 10 each and condoms to do cig lighters and key rings are 5 each.

They will give you the option to get certain parts done instead of everything.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, I'm sending out my unit to be the tester and they will keep it for around a week.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts