Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK can someone spot me a complete parts list and where to get some really good quality LEDs to do this. Also what bulbs are used for the rings around the key hole on the door? I'm going to play with the idea of doing it too. Thanks.

· possibly widest yet?
188 Posts
"Michaelvanle" here on the forums has done quite a few LED projects for people in the past, maybe he'll chime in or send him a message. "Spooldup" did my speedo, A/C, window switch, ignition hole, cig lighter hole, and door lock hole awhile back and did a fantastic job.

· Registered
2,824 Posts
Shoot me a pm if you need any help, there are a few bits of information that are purposely left out of the stick, which can cause quite a bit of frusteration unless you pay very close attention to detail in one of the pictures. Shoot me a PM and ill try to find the name of the palce I purchase LED's, its about $10 for 100 3mm leds, that includes an equal number of the correct resistors for a 12v power source, and free shipping from Hong Kong (1-1.5weeks, sometimes as little as 5 days).

12,697 Posts
Shoot me a pm if you need any help, there are a few bits of information that are purposely left out of the stick, which can cause quite a bit of frusteration unless you pay very close attention to detail in one of the pictures. Shoot me a PM and ill try to find the name of the palce I purchase LED's, its about $10 for 100 3mm leds, that includes an equal number of the correct resistors for a 12v power source, and free shipping from Hong Kong (1-1.5weeks, sometimes as little as 5 days).
I did not "purposely" leave anything out. Feel free to pm me on any information that you think will contribute to the thread. I'll look over it and perhaps adjust the first post accordingly.

I originally planned taking many pictures step by step, but was very pissed off at doing bit by bit and having to take the camera to snap pics.

· Registered
2,824 Posts
I did not "purposely" leave anything out. Feel free to pm me on any information that you think will contribute to the thread. I'll look over it and perhaps adjust the first post accordingly.

I originally planned taking many pictures step by step, but was very pissed off at doing bit by bit and having to take the camera to snap pics.
I know what you mean. I meant to do the same thing but I was always ready to just get done with it.

I wasn't trying to criticize you, but I do see now that it kind of came off that way; sorry about that. I thought I remembered your sticky saying something along the lines of that, but it has been a while since I looked at it.

**Edit***
Damn it, I just looked back at the sticky and you do mention it briefly, my bad. I'm referring to the opposite polarity of the bulb base contacts for the two dials. I didn't notice it initially in the picture a year ago when I was experimenting on my own unit and it really threw me off.

On a different topic, i remember seeing bulb bases (3 or 4 of them) in the back of the odometer and clock. I didn't check but are they not just the standard stock incandescents with green condoms? If that is the case, why cant they be swapped with any color led assuming you remove the brown filter behind the lens? It may just be the nature of the screen it uses, but I am curious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.