Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Was just wondering if anyone has tried this cluster kit from LED Guys. They claim its 100% plug and play and its only $30. Ill link it below but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You get what you pay for... Supra's are a lot like Tattoos. Cheap tattoos aren't good and Good tattoos aren't cheap.
Thank you i figured it was a little sketch with the whole "its plug and play contrary to popular belief" thank you for the advice!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Those cheap kits plug in, but the problem is they have hot spots/dark spots all over. The light is not evenly distributed. If you want a proper LED conversion you have to go to some one like Stu Hagen.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I should’ve put this in my previous post; I have no experience with the kit or the company, but knowing the costs from other well known individuals and “companies”, these are way too cheap and will probably leave you with a hot glue/soldered mess.

·
Registered
113 Posts
These "kits" are just led bulbs to replace the existing bulbs in the cluster. Its called a "kit" because it includes all the type of bulbs needed to replace the old ones. Its nothing like a real led conversion.

·
Administrator
9,384 Posts
@Stu Hagen led conversion is the best money you can spend on your interior. I've had him do 5 or 6 clusters now...he calibrates and also can fix any issues.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
587 Posts
I replaced ALL the lighting in my MK3 with LED, (ok not the climate cluster lol) I really should go back and compile a list of all the specifics because I can't believe just how many different kinds of bulbs Toyota used on the Supra in 87. I think they may have standardized some of that between 89-92, but it was a slow and deliberate process.

For my instrument cluster, i found a set that works, but the MK3 cluster has 1 bulb that's different, smaller, and I've never been able to even that brightness out.

·
Inline for the win
4,776 Posts
Stu Hagen without one doubt. Every other attempt is a joke....

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs, 95 Supra TT
158 Posts
Just came across this site TRD Supra Clusters

That is Matt Bolda's website. Pretty sure he is banned here and on several of the Supra facebook pages. My Supra came with LED bulbs, but I sent it to Stu anyways when I did the 6 speed swap. It looks amazing in person especially with his new matte face gauges. I have speedhut led gauges in my rx7 and my friend sent his 300zx cluster away to someone on his forum for an led conversion. Nothing looks as good as Stu. I'd get your cluster done before he retires. I wish he would do kits for other platforms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts