Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the left side dash lights will not come on (Eng, oil level, and oil temp). A friend of mine said it might need to be solder and was looking for another solution on here. Also my speedometer bounces every time I turn it on never reads close to what I’m actually going. I replaced the VSS but that actually made it worse lol. I’m going to put the old back on and actually get a new gear that goes in there. Would truly appreciate the help thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The left side dash lights not working is a very well known and documented problem.

The soldered pins separate from the circuit board after years of vibration. A simple touch up with a low wattage iron, not a gun, on the solder side of the board will resolve it. Just touch the iron to it until the solder liquifies then remove the iron. Don’t shake/move the board much as it cools.

It could even be bad bulbs too, unlikely, but are you sure they are not removed?

I’m not sure about the manual, but if it’s auto, you have two VSS. The one you mentioned, with the gear, is what drives the speedometer.

If it fails it will use the other as a backup. Or maybe vice versa. Either way one or both are likely bad. I’m sure you have a check engine light but since it’s on the left dash cluster, you don’t see it.

You have a couple of issues that is making this more of a pain than it could be, get the left side lights fixed first.

Read about the pink wire fix going to the odometer.

Also, maybe good to read about leaking capacitors in the ECU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts