Supra Forums banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
JetFire
5,277 Posts
I've made the same points as well. But was flamed by the MKV crew for urging people to use caution prior to modifying their brand new under warranty cars. These shops want headlines and money, they don't care about your prized possession as much as you would.
Some consumers will mod their cars either way and take that risk with the warranty this isn't the first car that it's happened with. The platform is obviously very tuner friendly and Tada even mentioned that. The shops will go all out as expected and some customers will but not all. Same thing will happen with the C8, I'm betting there will be a bolt on TT Kit for the base package within months of release and some customers will get it.

·
iSPOOL
961 Posts
Some consumers will mod their cars either way and take that risk with the warranty this isn't the first car that it's happened with. The platform is obviously very tuner friendly and Tada even mentioned that. The shops will go all out as expected and some customers will but not all. Same thing will happen with the C8, I'm betting there will be a bolt on TT Kit for the base package within months of release and some customers will get it.
I am not oblivious to the fact that this isn't the first nor will it be the last brand new car people will modify. Motives are plenty for this aftermarket.
The value of Tada's words hold limited weight in these parts.

·
Administrator
8,313 Posts
I've made the same points as well. But was flamed by the MKV crew for urging people to use caution prior to modifying their brand new under warranty cars. These shops want headlines and money, they don't care about your prized possession as much as you would.
lol true, half of them did burnouts and beat the fuck out of the cars right off the lot, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same but if I plan on keeping the car for longer than the warranty period I would probably be a little more cautious. Every ad and driving video they are drifting, spining tires, and have the car sideways. I feel many replacement wheels and quarter panels will be needed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
One of those car vloggers is back with a video, this time of the +100hp tune.

Watch it if you have the patience to sit through the fluff and B.S. stuff added to create a lengthy video.

·
JetFire
5,277 Posts
^^^This is the age we live in. There was a "1000HP" MKIV on YT probably still around tons of views etc....when someone asked about dyno the response was the ProEFI HP readout was 9XX, mind you this was a stock bottom car that actually did mid 8XX on the dyno. Anytime anyone challenged the numbers the "fans" would attack them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
^^^This is the age we live in. There was a "1000HP" MKIV on YT probably still around tons of views etc....when someone asked about dyno the response was the ProEFI HP readout was 9XX, mind you this was a stock bottom car that actually did mid 8XX on the dyno. Anytime anyone challenged the numbers the "fans" would attack them.
At least we know the proper outlets to find real developments. Those vloggers don't cater to enthusiasts who know where to find information. Its largely for fan boys that don't know any better and we all know the type. At meets they can be spotted from a mile away.

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Didnt a shop already blow their mkv motor up I heard?
I haven't heard anything, but have been wondering about that considering the motor's high static compression, the fact that boost levels and fuel types have not accompanied most dyno sheets and the 2-hole exhaust manifold outlet.

Ken

·
Kappa Check 1 2
669 Posts
Didnt a shop already blow their mkv motor up I heard?
That's the rumor going around for a couple days now, no one has come forward yet to admit/claim it though.
The most I've heard is it's a car in Pennsylvania. Would be interesting to see what went wrong.

-Rich

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's the rumor going around for a couple days now, no one has come forward yet to admit/claim it though.
The most I've heard is it's a car in Pennsylvania. Would be interesting to see what went wrong.

-Rich
Tada's PR budget will end soon, he can't silence the truth forever.

580 Posts
Well it's better now than later. I want to see the weak link! It's a shame this isn't a car I can even consider due to my height. * cries in size 15 and 6'5*

·
Blue Thunder
3,396 Posts
This engine has been out since 2015. Do you think there would be a race to 1,000hp if it wasn't put into the new "SUPRA" ? I highly doubt it.

B

·
Registered
321 Posts
New video from Papadakis, looks like they are making good progress, full race manifold with EFR BW plus new intake manifold with conventional FMIC.

Tons of work to get real power out of this thing. Only thing that hasn't been modified from BMW so far is the crank, cams, block, and oil and water pumps.

181 - 200 of 237 Posts