Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been searching around for the past couple of days trying to find a good post explaining how to deline headlight lenses with no luck. If anyone knows of a thread or would like to post instructions in here...please do.

·
Banned
397 Posts
I would like to know if it's possible too. I had a quote from a local Plastic shop Eastech Plastics for new lenses and I was told over $300 per lens (!)

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
i would not recodmend delining...

its not as great as it appears to be...

i would elaborate but will choose not to, needless to say i now have 97-98's

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
MyKarIsVicious said:
i would not recodmend delining...

its not as great as it appears to be...

i would elaborate but will choose not to, needless to say i now have 97-98's
Does it completely screw with the direction of the headlight beam? Friend of mine wants to do it and I've been arguing this with him.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I did this probably a good 4-5 years ago, there was a lot about it on the forums at the time when I was first experimenting with the idea. It's a lot of work if you do it 100% by hand like I did but mine turned out great, mine were swirl free but I was going upto 12,000 grit (yeah, not 2000 grit) which is what you need to do then I did medium and fine stages of Novus, just by hand with a soft cloth... no power.

Here's a small pretty weak picture comparing mine and a stock headlight (stock headlight has water droplets on it though)

Search for my name and you will probably find a lot of polishing/headlight related stuff, I dont remember direct links anymore. I also had one about polishing my calipers too and fixing a curb rash'd Volk GT-N etc all with sandpaper and dremmel

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
where did you get paper up to 12k grit? I need some to redo my headlights. they are lookin tired. For all the work involed i dont think its worth it.

Alex

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not worth the time. I quit half way through and bought the glass euro style. Wish I would have just got the glass ones right away instead of wasting time on delining my old ones.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yeah, its Micromesh cloth, not even paper really... I bought mine at a hobby shop that sells a crazy amount of model related products, it's used on clear parts and paintjobs I think...

The glass lights are cool, but the glass lights and delined ones are completely different... the glass ones still have all the patterns but are better at staying crystal clear if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
81 Posts
pooshda said:
The glass lights are cool, but the glass lights and delined ones are completely different... the glass ones still have all the patterns but are better at staying crystal clear if I am not mistaken.
True, but the pattern isn't as noticable on the glass ones and they stay clear. They are different from the delined but its an option to keep in mind when considering delining. Someone just posted pics of glass headlights with a 98 style interior (just opened an painted if I'm not mistaken).

·
PRSRIZD Member
246 Posts
delining headlights is a pain in the ass and not worth it.. i took 2 lines out of my 98's when i sprayed them and it took forever.. not worth it..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That's because no one has ever seen mine! :p

Just kidding... different strokes for different folks, personally I dont know how I could ever have the stock lights again personally. And mine used to be de-lined (kind of 98 style) because they were black inside but there are definately other differences between them.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have heard many people wish they hadn't done it as the scratches are difficult to get out even with the best stuff. I avoided it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts