Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... i just got my lex afm and greddy ebc installed the other day with 550s ... i also have an safc but havent got around to that yet... the car drives suprisingly well on 550s with lexafm... i was just wondering if you have to mess with the idle air screw or whatever that thing is on the afm. At idle my car starts to stumble after a few seconds of idleing... it wont die just stumbles a little bit....

any ideas would be great... thanks ahead

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
westonboege said:
Hey guys... i just got my lex afm and greddy ebc installed the other day with 550s ... i also have an safc but havent got around to that yet... the car drives suprisingly well on 550s with lexafm... i was just wondering if you have to mess with the idle air screw or whatever that thing is on the afm. At idle my car starts to stumble after a few seconds of idleing... it wont die just stumbles a little bit....

any ideas would be great... thanks ahead
Thats because its pissing a 12 pack worth of fuel into the cylinders. YOU NEED AN ADJUSTABLE FUEL REGULATOR TO LEAN IT OUT. Safc will not be enough

·
Registered
205 Posts
All cars are a little different. Move the fuel pressure down to 37 to 39 psi with the boost line OFF. The reattach the line to the FPR. I then used the SAFC to -12 at 1000rpms. You may also need to calibrate the TPS. I calibrated then started to move it alittle at a time, to adjust idle. Do this after the car is warmed up. It is easiest if you loosen the bottom screw alittle when the car is cold. Then warm the car up, after you know it is warm, put the diagnostic jumper in, and just adjust the TPS in small increments. Check the timing. The regular calibration gets you in the ball park. This should get you close.

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Re: Re: lex afm tuning...

Fried Rice said:
Thats because its pissing a 12 pack worth of fuel into the cylinders. YOU NEED AN ADJUSTABLE FUEL REGULATOR TO LEAN IT OUT. Safc will not be enough
not necessarily true imo, although you definately need to drill out the j-tube a wee bit or remove it altogether and make sure to install an upgrade fuel pump, oh and you most definately need to hook up the safc

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
yea every car is diferent.

here is the deal with mine.. 550's lex afm and walbro fuel pump

i have the lex screw untouched, and the j-tube drilled out.

i ADD %5 fuel with my afc and i seem to have a good idle.

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
I understand every car is different but the best tell tail sign is the color of your spark plugs............Black to much fuel..........coacoa brown perfect

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright... i got the safc II installed the other day.... i am still getting a weak idle... wants to die sometimes and sometimes it does die... i have no afpr yet... and i still have the stock fuel pump. I have read through the manual a few times and still dont know how to mess with the safc.. seems really complicated... but i have set the throttle sensor and knock sensor ... # of cylinders etc on the safc... i think everything is set up on it... What should my next step be? Should i just take my car to a good dyno tuner and see what they can do? Or can i get away with messing with it myself without a wideband? Should i get afpr first or what?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
westonboege said:
Alright... i got the safc II installed the other day.... i am still getting a weak idle... wants to die sometimes and sometimes it does die... i have no afpr yet... and i still have the stock fuel pump. I have read through the manual a few times and still dont know how to mess with the safc.. seems really complicated... but i have set the throttle sensor and knock sensor ... # of cylinders etc on the safc... i think everything is set up on it... What should my next step be? Should i just take my car to a good dyno tuner and see what they can do? Or can i get away with messing with it myself without a wideband? Should i get afpr first or what?

Taking it to a dyno shop with a wideband is the best solution for you.

This way your car will be tuned professionally and properly.

You will also not worry about hurting your engine since it willbe taken care of by trained guys.

It will not cost you more than a $100 depending on who you take it too.

This way you will not get conflicting advice confusing you even more.

I have been through this already plus you will have a dyno chart that you can show off after the tune. :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts