Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the lexan windshield on, I'm pretty happy with the results. It was easy to install, and the optics are surprisingly good. I need to switch to screws with a black head so they don't stand out so much.

:p

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
dave,

that looks REALLY good!! can i ask where you got the lexan winshield and how much they run? does it have the glass like clear coat so it's scratch proof?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lexan I got is scratch resistant, but it's not the hella expensive stuff that you can't scratch with steel wool. I had the windshield and door glass made at a local shop, I just made a pattern and had them do it. It was around $250 for all 3 pieces. Next I gotta mount the side windows.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you going to run any braces on the front lexan? I am sure at high speeds it will try and push in. BTW It looks damn good.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to test it without the brace first and see if it's needed. I used 3/16" material, and there is quite a bit of curve to it once on the car, that should give it pretty good strength. I have a brace ready to go in if I have to.

DaveH

Klop said:
Are you going to run any braces on the front lexan? I am sure at high speeds it will try and push in. BTW It looks damn good.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Any plan on doing the rear window as well? Or maybe carbon hatch/lexan glass? It looks pretty good, those black screws should make it look almost factory.

Alex

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
dave let me know how the side windows fit, if it's good please put me down for a set w/ the fronts ;)

i'll take the rear also if you make it

any idea how much weight this should shed?

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
hahaha nice move curtis!

so you want to be like DAVE too eh? ;)

let me know what you find dave for the rear but i am definitely interested in the front, sides and rear. thanks!

post some more pics if you can as well!

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just FYI, the sides are flimsy and will require you to frame them like you see with a typical race car (a metal rod around the perimeter of the lexan). Also, the lexan won't pass DOT, so if there is a chance you will get checked on this then you may want to pass. 3rd, the stock front glass is part of the safety system. The airbag rely's on the windshield to keep it in position so that is something to consider. I'll finish getting the pattern for the hatch pieces and let you guy's know.

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
Isn't a certain thickness of Lexan also bulletproof? I thought that's what custom car protection companies use to make their windows.

Richard

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
How is the visibility compared to glass? Could you drive on the street with it, say, at night or in a little rain?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts