Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed a Lexus a.f.m./ 550 injectors and no others mods yet? it has wiered miss fire at idle it like it has either a short in the coil pack or it runs like it has stuck valve but this a brand new engine it dosn't it all the time, it seems like it dose in warmer weather then I when to the supra a.f.m. it runs better(overall) seemily Don't know what to do,Lexus Yes/no?? to lean?? any one know?? or supra a.f.m...."yes/no?? to rich/ to lean I plan to do other mods later (bigger turbo and boost controll and exhaust

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
go map ecu or MaftPro ;) Get rid of the AFM all together :)

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
why would u use larger injectors when u are running stock boost? Just remove everything u installed and go from there.

~scott

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
why would u use larger injectors ~scott

Because he went the Lexus/550 route.

The lex/550 mod is outdated and frankly a PITA in my opinion. You cant just slap them on and expect the car to run well. Most of the cars I have seen run like crap with the lex/550's alone. You will need a AFPR and SAFC2 to complete it.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
The lexus afm is a fine mod.. Your car is stumbling at idle becuase it is idling too rich. You next modification should be an SAFC or similar fuel curve adjustment device. Then your next trip should be to a dyno to get the a/f dialed in. Then go from there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Koenigturbo said:
I installed a Lexus a.f.m./ 550 injectors and no others mods yet? it has wiered miss fire at idle it like it has either a short in the coil pack or it runs like it has stuck valve but this a brand new engine it dosn't it all the time, it seems like it dose in warmer weather then I when to the supra a.f.m. it runs better(overall) seemily Don't know what to do,Lexus Yes/no?? to lean?? any one know?? or supra a.f.m...."yes/no?? to rich/ to lean I plan to do other mods later (bigger turbo and boost controll and exhaust
you mounted the lexus afm& 550's or are planning to do so?
anyway my supra with the lex afm and 550's runs a bit lean at idle but richer at higher rpm.
just get a wideband now and check where the afr's at :)

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
when i had lexus and 550s i had perfect 14.7 idle, cruize, and tuned to 11.5:1 underboost its a good mod but unnecessary if you are running stock boost. IF you want to trouble shoot u need to eliminate variables, ur AFM and injectors are both variables unless u KNOW they are good.

~scott

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
NJsupraA70 said:
Because he went the Lexus/550 route.

The lex/550 mod is outdated and frankly a PITA in my opinion. You cant just slap them on and expect the car to run well. Most of the cars I have seen run like crap with the lex/550's alone. You will need a AFPR and SAFC2 to complete it.
close. i did this exactly and the car ran perfectly well before and after the swap. you do not NEED the afpr or safc or fuel pump. however it is nice to have if you are going to get it tuned.

the lex and 550s has been beaten to death. it is a good mod if you arent out there to be the highest hp 7m. for the majority of the population its fine.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
lex afm and 550cc is a good mod that has proven to work.
But with so many other options out there, ex. maf pro, map ecu, why bother with the afm?
your just gonna get rid of it later on i assume.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wouldn't you only be getting rid of it if you want an even higher HP goal?

I don't know how much ponies the lex/550's are good for, but I figured they're good for a conservative tune, right?

Not to jack the thread, but I was planning on this route, do I need a SAFC2 and a MaftPro, or just the SAFC2?

_Ian

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
with either it should be a AFPR and either maftpro OR safc, not both, as the maftpro does the job of the safc, however if you just have a maft you can plug it into the safc.

either way, i know 2 cars personally (johnny d and supramkiii) that have lex/550's and they both work fine, its a matter of dialing it all in

<l><l>

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
yeah, at this point, I would say go with MAFT Pro. I have MAFT now, and am considering moving up to Pro for all of it's versatility. It seems to be an inexpensive, flexible path to get lots of features/ tunability for moderate to above moderate power goals.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Koenigturbo said:
I installed a Lexus a.f.m./ 550 injectors and no others mods yet? it has wiered miss fire at idle
Get a fuel presure regulator turn up the presure at idel and it will run smooth

:bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts