Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many of the postings about the Lexus AFM/ 550 injector mod but none answered my question. Can I keep the original fuel pump for this mod? Mine was recently changed by the dealer for $700 so I'm not anxious to change it again. I am looking to get to 15 psi if possible. I already have a Borla exhaust and an HKS boost controller. My engine is in good shape with 65,000 miles and has had a recent valve job with the correct torque on the bolts.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You should be fine man. I ran for a while with the lexus/550 mod with out a walbro 255 with no problems at all. I would say go out and get yourself a wideband and you can see for yourself it anything is going wrong the a/f ratios.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
i'm not starving mine. stock pump 550's intake full exhaust and lex afm. i was still getting 10:1 AFR at WOT on 16psi on the stock CT.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
You'll only run into a problem when you upgrade the turbo. Once you step beyond the stock ct26 as it's from toyota, you'll start dropping fuel pressure. Untill that time, you can use the stock fuel pump.

Truthfully, the ONLY way to tell is an in cabin fuel pressure guage. I bet I'm the only one in this thread that has one of those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts