Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
It is 3.4" good buddy. I can get you a 3.5">3" reducer coupling if you'd like, your choice of color. :) See my AFM catalog item, you can see the coupling in the pic. Hope all's well w/ you Lar.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
SupraSport.com said:
It is 3.4" good buddy. I can get you a 3.5">3" reducer coupling if you'd like, your choice of color. :) See my AFM catalog item, you can see the coupling in the pic. Hope all's well w/ you Lar.
Hi Jeff,
Thnx for the reply. I'm looking REAL hard @ your SS accordian pipe replacemnt. Go to:

http://www.socalsupras.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=TTPerformance&action=display&num=1015052928

to see what I plan on hooking it up to. The deal's pretty much etched in stone, so I'm looking @ ancilliary pieces to complement the install.

Given your pipe uses adapters to hook up to the different combos, knowing the Lexus' OD is irrelevant. I'll just use the hose that fits the VPC pipe. I'm pretty sure the turbo inlet is 3".

Things are back on track for both Supra & the family. Thnx for asking.
:)

http://www.supracentral.com/oldschool/

·
Bipolar
663 Posts
Larry,

How much was that kit and who sells them? More importantly though, are you gonna sell me your CT-26 now? :D
Send a PM if you'd like.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Wow, nice plan Lar. I did not know that DA had their own cast manifold. Hmmmm. Can you hook me up with a phone number?

The T04 has a nice turbine, it's going to flow very well!

LMK if you want one of these SS Turbo Inlets, it may req a little trim though- I did not plan the length correctly. After I tried out the fitment, I realized that the AFM slides INTO the accordian hose, not UP TO it. Big difference w/ a hard pipe, hahaha. Proto2 underway now. :D

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Unless you're Garth.....

Ven said:
Larry,

How much was that kit and who sells them? More importantly though, are you gonna sell me your CT-26 now? :D
Send a PM if you'd like.
Heh, I had sort of promised the setup to a guy named Garth, who, coincidentally, is also from the Great White North. I wanted to have the new setup in before I'd notified him. When the time comes [install ~May] & if he's changed his mind, I'll LYK. I like to keep my word, FWIW.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
SupraSport.com said:
Wow, nice plan Lar. I did not know that DA had their own cast manifold. Hmmmm. Can you hook me up with a phone number?

The T04 has a nice turbine, it's going to flow very well!

LMK if you want one of these SS Turbo Inlets, it may req a little trim though- I did not plan the length correctly. After I tried out the fitment, I realized that the AFM slides INTO the accordian hose, not UP TO it. Big difference w/ a hard pipe, hahaha. Proto2 underway now. :D
They used to have a website, but tk it down. Here is their contact info:
Dynamic AutoSports
23901 Remme Ridge
Lake Forest CA 92630
USA

V: 949-457-1234
F: 949-457-8000

I should have the parts in my possession by early May, so maybe your V2.0 model of the pipe will be done by then. If not, I suppose I could use the current one, if you supply a slightly longer chunk of hose for the AFM [VPC-tube] side. I believe the OD of the VPC tube is ~3.125", so it should closely match your pipe's dia, yes?

At any rate, I will def be ordering the SS pipe from you. You should get the order by EOM, along w/a cpl othr doodads. Heh, all this time, & I'm finally gonna order from you. Not only that, along w/the chk, you'll be seeing that vF meter in the mail from me too. You may remember that it went cuckoo.

TTYS!

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey larry if i rememebr right your getting the dyanic autosports manifold right for the to4e..

I talked to a coupleofguys regarding the manifold... they have told me (KEVIN/KEVBOHKS and MATT/MJW from socalsupras)

that you need to remove your a/c piping coz it willnot fit... also it moves the turbo a bit more to the passenger side and back... if you compare this to the hks cast manifold (the one with hks stamp on it) I saw matt's dp and he had to do a 2.5 to 3in downpipe to fit it in his car....

i think i have a pic of kevin's motor somewhere in the house... if you want it i can send youa pic of it.. he had a to4s and a DA manifold on it..

I hope this info helps

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
turbo7mgte said:
hey larry if i rememebr right your getting the dyanic autosports manifold right for the to4e..

I talked to a coupleofguys regarding the manifold... they have told me (KEVIN/KEVBOHKS and MATT/MJW from socalsupras)

that you need to remove your a/c piping coz it willnot fit... also it moves the turbo a bit more to the passenger side and back... if you compare this to the hks cast manifold (the one with hks stamp on it) I saw matt's dp and he had to do a 2.5 to 3in downpipe to fit it in his car....

i think i have a pic of kevin's motor somewhere in the house... if you want it i can send youa pic of it.. he had a to4s and a DA manifold on it..

I hope this info helps
Ha! LOL. The stuff is off of Matt's car, so I guess he'd be a good source of info.
:D
He had sold the stuff to Eric R [in GA], who is the guy I'm getting it from. Heh, Big-T comes home to SoCAL!

I won't go w/o AC, so something will be fabbed if yanking those pipes out becomes a necessity. That shouldn't present too large of an issue.

As far as the DP is concerned, I'm getting the same DP as part of the deal, so a new DP will def be made. I was already counting on that. I'm sure a full 3" can be made to fit in there.

I don't know if that thing can do 500rwhp to get into your new exclusive "club." But hey, even if it doesn't, it'll still be more power than I'd ever thought of going to.
:eek:

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey larry is aw the steup in person when i passed by matt's pad to buya few parts.. the setup looks cleanwhen i saw it, nice fittings and everything.. also matte recommended taht adding an hks twinpower helped improve teh response a great deal on his ride.

if it is matt's setup i know he took out the a/c due to clearance problems...

also the requirements is around 400-450 at the crank.. and i know you'll definetely be in the front running..

i just wanted to have a site that features kickass mk3's i know your love for the mk3 supra is more than mine...

lets see the setup now..any info that i can help please dont hesistate to gimme a buzz..

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
turbo7mgte said:
hey larry is aw the steup in person when i passed by matt's pad to buya few parts.. the setup looks cleanwhen i saw it, nice fittings and everything.. also matte recommended taht adding an hks twinpower helped improve teh response a great deal on his ride.

if it is matt's setup i know he took out the a/c due to clearance problems...

also the requirements is around 400-450 at the crank.. and i know you'll definetely be in the front running..

i just wanted to have a site that features kickass mk3's i know your love for the mk3 supra is more than mine...

lets see the setup now..any info that i can help please dont hesistate to gimme a buzz..
Heh, yes, it is a VERY CLEAN setup. Eric decided to go 1J, which is precisely why I'm the benefactor of the stuff you saw on SoCALs.

Unfortunately when I went to GA a cpl yrs back, Eric wasn't amongst the crew I was able to actually meet- those GA guys are some of the more hardcore MkIII guys I've ever seen. Regardless, Eric & I do go a ways back in the online sense, so I'm def glad to be dealing w/him.

Heh, my last 362.5RWHP dyno comes out to 417HP @ the crank, if you use a 15% loss factor. So, maybe I'm already in?
:p

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Are there T-Shirts available? :D

Lar:
Thanks for the notes.
I'll LYK when Rev 2.0 SS Inlet is here.
I have much 3.0 coupling, but that will not help. The 3.5>3.0 adaptor will have to work.
The warranty for the Vf Meter is only 5 years. Haha. j/k!

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SupraSport.com said:
Are there T-Shirts available? :D

Lar:
Thanks for the notes.
I'll LYK when Rev 2.0 SS Inlet is here.
I have much 3.0 coupling, but that will not help. The 3.5>3.0 adaptor will have to work.
The warranty for the Vf Meter is only 5 years. Haha. j/k!
I just re-measured the VPC tube & it's @3.125" [3 1/8"], so the 3" might be able to squeeze ovr the pipe. Maybe you have a VPC tube on hand to see what fits? Heh, that silicone hose doesn't like to stretch much, so I'd like to know before you went to the trouble to send stuff out.

As for ver 2 of the SS pipe, put me in line for the 1st one. Like I said, EOM, or early May is my target time frame; so, hopefully you'll be done by then.

Re: the vF meter, I realize a fix would be a big favor. I figure your intellectual curiosity will be enough to coerce you into looking @ it.
Ha! LOL.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
like, i really can't speak for anyone, and i really can't prove this...but i honestly think larry is the smartest and most ingenious supra owner ever. i mean...the man comes up with the intuitive mods i've seen! major props dude :)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Yeah, Larry's great, no disputes there! :D

The 3.0" connector hose will reach 3.125, I already checked that.
We have a plan then.

One more thing you can polish Larry! Heh.

·