Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2000-2004 lexus is300 have a 2jz-ge from what i have read. I dont know if anyone owns one but, would it be possible to make it a 2jz-gte? It would be the ultimate sleeper if it was possible.

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
Well, chief, if you had done any searching on your own...google or even the Other Cars for Sale section you woudln't need any help on a well documented topic.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Materialtakeover said:
The 2000-2004 lexus is300 have a 2jz-ge from what i have read. I dont know if anyone owns one but, would it be possible to make it a 2jz-gte? It would be the ultimate sleeper if it was possible.

look it up yourself you fucking piece of shit

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Yes, the swap is possible, and has been done a few times. The 1jz has also been swapped into the IS300. It will take some extensive wiring from what i know, but the swap is very possible and done. there are also IS300s rolling around with superchargers or built motors + single turbos.

Try to avoid a flame war :ugh2:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
Materialtakeover said:
hey mother fuckers I did, but I thought getting someone who might actually own one to give me some first hand info. Here are some sites I looked at.

http://www.automotive.com/2004/09/lexus/is300/index.html
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/sedans/0707_lexus_is300/

Im trying to to find the specific site that named the 2jz-ge. There are plenty of fuckin sites that say i-6 while a few say v-6. I went with the most mentioned.
You are a tool myis.com clublexus.com GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since I own a is and everything i should know all about every site that hasnything to do with one. I was looking into the fuckin car.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
search on my.is

and it takes some $$$$$$$$ to do it right.....between all the parts neccesary and installation

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hahaha

Why bother with a GTE conversion? Slap an H22 in there and turbo that bitch, then you'll have the ULTIMATE SLEEPER!! mwu-huh, MWUHUHUHUHU!!!!

:gaysex:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Materialtakeover said:
Since I own a is and everything i should know all about every site that hasnything to do with one. I was looking into the fuckin car.

just stfu and admit that you are shit

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
just buy something else. trust me, those cars are more trouble than they're worth.

if you're going to buy somethign outright, just save the money and buy something with more potential. NA MKIVs, the 300ZX, a low mileage MKIII, an MR2, etc. if you have to finance i'd start looking at used wrxs, stis, evos, Zs, G coupes, and sedans, the altima SE-R (if you don't mind FWD), the pontiac GTO, etc.

IS300s aren't sports cars and if you've ever driven one it shows. if it's a sports car you're looking for, buy one. don't try and turn an entry level family sedan something it isn't.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
kaneda said:
jsut buy something else. trust me, those cars are more trouble than they're worth.
I disagree completely on that statement... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts