Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
Segment dominator right there. Look out below.

Ken.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
So 320 KW is like 425 hp or so? This will be a fast car, with the enormous torque of the electric engines and the instand boost of power they provide. Combined with a constantly variable tranny, it's going to be a peppy car. :) I think it will lay a good bang to this segment and, as Ken mentionned it, probably dominate it. 19 speakers with a 19 inch screen is incredibly badass if you ask me.

And in black like this, it looks GREAT. I realy like where Lexus is going these days...:)

-Olivier

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
KenHenderson said:
Segment dominator right there. Look out below.

Ken.

·
4,109 Posts
Putting money in the job banks so people can get paid to not work :run:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I love you Toyota.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
from Bean's posted link:

-----------
Technology amenities on the long-wheelbase models will include voice-activated hard disk drive (HDD) Navigation with Bluetooth® technology and XM real-time traffic system, a first in the prestige luxury segment, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system with 9-inch drop-down screen, and the specially developed 19-speaker 450-watt Mark Levinson® Reference Surround Sound audio system, which creates a new standard for automotive sound systems. In addition, the

LS 600h L will be the world’s first vehicle to be equipped with LED headlights for nighttime and low-beam use.

The LS will also be the first Lexus to offer XM satellite radio as a factory-installed option. The all-new LS sedans will all offer an advanced parallel-park-assist function. The driver simply pushes a button and the park-assist system parks the car with just a little brake work by the driver.
-----------
The rebate curse is going to hit the Germans soon.

BTW, the 2006 S350 (out-going body style) has a such a massive rebate one can get one for well under $60,000 including DVD nav.!!!

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Yes baby. I can feel it.......the Germans can feel it too.......pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I love Toyota and Lexus.

LED headlights!?!?! :lol: Fuckin Japs...:lol: :lol:

-Olivier

·
Registered
830 Posts
I wonder what the Euro-snobs will say now about being technically more advanced than Japanese cars? You would have to spend 2X as much with other car makes to get the same amenities and you still wouldn't have a hybrid. I guess putting a stupid LCD screen as a speed-o purely as a marketing gimmick looks trivial in comparison.

Sam

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
hold on a second, can someone tell me wtf GM and Ford are doing while all of this is going down? :lol:
Building ugly 5000lb SUVs that get 5mpg :takethat: :scratch:

·
used to be member 66
532 Posts
I gotta hand it to Lexus for building some great cars.Not only do they look hot they perform.Acura & Infinity are not even close to being in the same class as a upmarket import car maker.Acura for sure is a joke.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
hold on a second, can someone tell me wtf GM and Ford are doing while all of this is going down? :lol:
Their still thinking in a "What do Americans want and not what does the world want" frame of mind. They will eventually either learn to adapt, perish or be taken over imho.

·
Registered
714 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
Well they sure as hell haven't built a Luxury car that quite stacks up to this Lexus but they sure have built 2 world class performance cars that will excite anybody including grandma.

Ford GT and Corvette Z06 = 2 fine sports/super cars.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
2.5RS said:
Well they sure as hell haven't built a Luxury car that quite stacks up to this Lexus but they sure have built 2 world class performance cars that will excite anybody including grandma.

minus the control arm issue when they advised owner not to drive the Ford GT under any circumstance and get it taken to a dealer immediately.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
2.5RS said:

That is a good point but there is a larger market (and profit margin) for comfortable, efficient, practical cars than there is for badass, fire breathing, icons.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts