Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i try searching but i can't find answer.... will here it is... could i run the lexus maf without 550 injector... i drve a 91 supra... from what i heard from the guy that i bought the lexus maf is that the 89 model and up don't have to use 550cc injectors... i'm just confuse about that.... and by the way i ran a civic hatch with a fully rebuilt zc motor turbo charge... didn't get to finish the race because i had to turn off for work... but we seem to be head to head.... anyone know how i will do??? i had intake boosting 9, and cat with stock dp and elbow.

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
I'm no tech-head but I would have to say that you would probably start pushing your injectors further than they were intended to try and keep up with the additional air provided by the Lexus AFM.

I've seen this done... but from what I remember there was some laughter in the general direction of the guy that did it. If I remember correctly he did get a bit more power - even without the 550s... but if you're going for more power why not just drop in those bigger injectors and have perma-grin?

KeithH

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
plus with the 550's you can raise your boost a little more

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
what the guy is talkin bout is the diff w/ the ecu. the 89+ fuel maps are diff. way back in the day (~'99) dave hall did some testing and found the lex/440 had 0 issues on the 89+ while the pre 89 had lean problems.

i did some dyno runs on my 90 w/ the lex (stock screw all the way in) w/ the 440cc @12-13psi just to see how it did. i did have a walbro pump and a paxton afpr set at stock base fuel pressure. it was a bit lean down low less than 3.5k (not near as important off boost)still rich from 4k to 5.5k but past that it started to run a tad lean again. i adjusted base fuel pressure up to about 40psi and all was back to safe conditions. again this was at 12-13psi on stock ct. what people get carried away with is not having fco and cranking the boost way up, esp on a tired stock pump which = disaster.
if you are fairly competent in tuning and monitoring w/ the right equipment, it can be done safely. but i agree ideally you should put in bigger injectors for extra safety and take advantage of being able to crank up the boost more :)

just my experiences, take it for what its worth.

dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts