Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im working on a 1992 SC 300 NA-T and have been talking to RREV motorsports here in portland about putting in a TH400, they told me to get in touch with you. Is there anything different with this swap or is it the same as doing a TH 400 into a GTE Supra?

·
Registered
377 Posts
One thing, be ready to cruise at 60mph at 3300-3700 rpm on the freeway, i would strongly recommending buying the overdrive unit for the tranny

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes it is indeed. But it pays itself off with 2 reasons
1. Gas for sure
2. You can go on cruises,take long roadtrips if needed.

Its just a thought and something to think about investing in, plenty of people drive them without the unit, just something u should think about though.
Good luck with the install

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im getting the lowest final drive gear set i can, and doing a fairly conservative stalled converter to save on the RPM's as much as possible. Ive been looking at the gearvendors overdrive kits. If i end up making over 650 rwhp i will get the 6 sp. overdrive kit, otherwise i will most likely just get the 4 sp kit.

thanks for the info i apreciate it. If anyone knows who has a lexus with a TH400 i would like to talk to them about what exactly goes into it, differneces between supra/SC and GE vs. GTE engines.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you have a GE engine you will just need a TT bellhousing and TT flex plate to make it (it being the SP400 kit) work I believe. I have had 3 different th400 setups from SP in my SC300s, but they usually do all the work and it has been a bit since I have had it done so I don't recall exactly.

-Ethan

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the kit im using uses the GM bell housing and a custom flexplate, so i think since the block attachment is the same on the GE/GTE to the bellhousing it should work fine, Im just using the 2JZ to GM adapter plate. Its a different setup than the SP one, I wanted to be able to use any GM converter. Thanks for the info though, i might end up using SP parts if this doesnt come out perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts