·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
:drool:

I'm saving my pennies..

·
<.>
343 Posts
Very nice find :). There are some definite changes between the concept and track car with the headlights and radiator ducts in the rear.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
but is it gonna be branded as a TOYOTA or LEXUS???

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I remember the days when I sold Toyotas the MKIV Supra drove more luxuriously than a MB SL500 trade-in. It handled as tightly as an RX-7 FD. The thing was the only thing that felt faster than the LT1 Vette trade-ins of the time. Best sounding car in its class from the inside (just right turbo whistle) and outside for stock. Fierce braking competency like no other. And it looked the boldest of any front-engined car with a big fat pipe, huge mouth bumper ducting, projector-style taillamps, and high-rise wing...which was ground breaking for an OEM for the time.

I have no doubt this car will be the jack of all trades from touring to track performance in one.

It'd be something else to see a V8 Toyota sports car with old-school sounding rumble alongside a V10 Lexus performance ride with a techno-high winding sounding exhaust.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
ill tell you what - the more i look, the more I get excited. I was a bit undecided for a while, but look at a few key features - the headlights, I see a bit of Murci in them, Aston in the rear haunches, 350 in some roof line, nice exhaust outlet, the lines are looking better with each piece removed, an interesting hood line - sharp rounded drop off ala F40, but a flattened out area like a C4 vette. The active wing, the MASSIVE brakes and for real, who tests a car with slicks :lol: Im getting excited.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I only wish the price on this car was going to be more in line with what I could ever afford to pay! It's like the MKIV Supra (brand new) all over again! Now that I could afford a new Supra, they have to move this far up market! DAMN! ;)

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
cds01 said:
will it still have a fuckin gt wing when it comes out?
Doughtful. I think a wing will happen, but a not a GT type. Maybe even a speed activated/retractable wing, that would be a nice touch.

John

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
I only wish the price on this car was going to be more in line with what I could ever afford to pay! It's like the MKIV Supra (brand new) all over again! Now that I could afford a new Supra, they have to move this far up market! DAMN! ;)
Yep, as a broke youngster in 1994, I didn't have a chance in hell of buying a new MKIV. Although I could probably swing a new MKV if it's in the $50K+ range, I'm not really in a position to do it responsibly, so I guess history will repeat itself. :faint:

But it looks like it's going to be hot! I like the idea of a high revving 5.0L V-8 in a lighter car than the MKIV. Hope the block is strong! :drool:

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
I'm loving this car for everything about it and what it represents in the Toyota/Lexus pantheon of cars. Not sure if it will make production, but it looks to me this test car has carbon ceramic rotors and 6/possibly 8 and 4/possibly 6 piston calipers front and rear. Looks to be a world beater in the making in terms of anything else in its price class.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
ill tell you what - the more i look, the more I get excited. I was a bit undecided for a while, but look at a few key features - the headlights, I see a bit of Murci in them, Aston in the rear haunches, 350 in some roof line, nice exhaust outlet, the lines are looking better with each piece removed, an interesting hood line - sharp rounded drop off ala F40, but a flattened out area like a C4 vette. The active wing, the MASSIVE brakes and for real, who tests a car with slicks :lol: Im getting excited.
Don't forget the 928-ish tails. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Quick, I would not worry about the front yet, that is still covored up and I'm sure it will be fine.

John

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
I can't wait till they really unvail this car. Late to the party and is going to bring all the goods. What's up with the side mirror placement?

·
Adonis
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
cds01 said:
will it still have a fuckin gt wing when it comes out?
When the LF-A debuted, Press said it is capable of 200mph. The wing must be retractable to achieve those speeds.

earlier pics

Electric power steering

for comparison

1 - 20 of 58 Posts