Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like the title mentioned, looking for the cover. Currently living in Switzerland. Mk3, 7M-GTE, 1991.

After a google, this was the only website with stock. Buuuuut... shipping to me is gonna cost me 600 EUR.
Are there other more "Euro/Swiss" friendly parts merchants?

Was wondering if any of you good fellows have got another one lying around.

Also looking for the battery holder, but not that important as I could get those from ebay at a relative reasonable price.

Much appreciated and have yourselves a nice day.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Started to buy this off Nengun, shipping was $1000, cancel order whoopsie.

Edit I bought a big 4' x8' sheet of plastic to make my own. Haven't gotten under the car to trace it out yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I knew Nengun's shipping prices were outrageous, but HOLY CRAP!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Started making my own draft v1. I’ll update this thread if it gets better

22 inches min from hole to hole

I gangsta’d six holes with a hammer, punch, and measuring tape

pretty ghetto rn I’ll add some nut-serts and clean up my cuts later

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started making my own draft v1. I’ll update this thread if it gets better
Were you already planning on doing this or did you just spontaneously decided to tackle this after my post?

Looks great! Still on the lookout for an OEM one though, mostly because my car didn't pass its last inspection cause it was missing the cover. Not sure how they would feel about a DIY option...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Were you already planning on doing this or did you just spontaneously decided to tackle this after my post?

Looks great! Still on the lookout for an OEM one though, mostly because my car didn't pass its last inspection cause it was missing the cover. Not sure how they would feel about a DIY option...
a little of both, .060 8’x4’ plastic sheet is $80

too lazy to quote on the drainage holes but yes sure good idea maybe. TY for the pic too!

so ghetto v1 survived a 30 mile round trip , sit in the hot car pickup line at elementary school.

i took it back off, cleaned it up, learned where everything leaks because it shows you that for sure

then I epoxied washers to one side for strength where my holes are 😍

·
Registered
779 Posts
I’ll link you guys to it @3p141592654 tell me if car will explode 😂

it’s textured

I bought a lot because well, why not. If it works I can make more for y’all

current iteration

I draw on it with soap stone, I trim it,etc.

it’s heavier gauge plastic than what the factory would’ve used so without the vacuum forming and bends and such for strengthening it is still fairly strong. It’s good enough for my use and or better than nothing maybe

intercooler angle

/ official pham mod

·
90T
718 Posts
The only issue with ABS is its low melting point like 230F. But if its holding up for you then all is good. I suspect the stock cover is polypropylene but I have not checked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting, will be following this one. I recently made a cover for the area from the bumper lip all the way to where your cover starts to help with thermals, did so in great measure.
Have you thought of ribbing the cover to help with high speed rigidity? Say, putting in some bends with a brake. Some degree of low pressure will be created under the car. (not a lot by any means) but it might be enough to cause it to bow downwards and perhaps break over time, or resonate and become noisy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
@pham , are you a mind reader? I literally scoured the net for one a few days ago, and ZERO. Not even a shitty used one anywhere. Debated creating my own as well. I might look into some plastic materials that are super heat resistant.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm not super well versed in plastics. I think I've used about 32 or 33 inches in length so far, so there's plenty to spare. Comes shipped rolled into a tube.

Theribbing and stuff I've thought of yes and I'd love access to a brake. I'm closing on a house Friday, so I have to move all my shit next weekend. I'm in a pack and throw shit away mode right now. I'm filling plastic storage totes as quickly as I can.

Maybe someone can take this and run with it, I'm not even sure if both cars get to come with me :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Aftermarket replicas of OEM plastic parts are taking off in the MR2 SW20 world, so I'm kind of surprised there's apparently none of the same happening for the MK3 Supra. Seems like a good opportunity for a vendor like Driftmotion to get on board with if they have a CAD guy and someone in China to produce the product.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Aftermarket replicas of OEM plastic parts are taking off in the MR2 SW20 world, so I'm kind of surprised there's apparently none of the same happening for the MK3 Supra. Seems like a good opportunity for a vendor like Driftmotion to get on board with if they have a CAD guy and someone in China to produce the product.
There's no aftermarket for the A70 sadly. Now that they're going back up in value and more and more scrapyard examples are being put back on the road we might start to see some interest again. I've done a lot of bits and bobs for my car, lots more in the drawing board, sadly I have no financial capacity to seriously plan on offering those up for sale, save for the odd 'mind making me one of these' jobs.

Some day maybe. And I'm sure there's many others in the same position.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts