1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481983 - graphs in the link

"*** LG Motorsports tops 623 rwhp and 533 rwtq

Is this nice or what!

LG Cam, Headers, minor exhaust port work and EWP and some other special LGM touches!

We had to do it for all the doubters of our LG Pro Long Tube headers. These are our standard 1 3/4" LG PRo Long Tube Headers with our new G7X-4 cam and Electric Water Pump. We just finished it and did a fast tune so we will be able to smooth out the curve later. but I was so excited to reach over 600, and in fact over 620rwhp that I had to post this fast. :thumbs:

The low end torque never drops below 400 even at 2500 rpms and it is above 500 rwtq from 4300 to 6300rpms.

This will be my daily driver so I will give you updates as we go along. We will see if this cam is as docile as I think it is for this 7 liter engine.

Thanks to all our supporters and those of you who have never doubted our headers as a true broad power band performer.

It is area under the curve that matters, and with over 620rwhp it makes quite a bit of "Area"

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti"

·
Registered
886 Posts
That is very impressive! I knew the 600RWHP N/A number was going to be broken sooner or later, especially after the response the LS7 had to it's bolt-on mods. 620RWHP is AWESOME for any N/A vehicle, let alone a smallblock pushrod motor. This is respectable single turbo supra territory! I want to see some track numbers, they're going to be 9's!

I am in love with this Z06... something to carry a little hope and respect in the name of GM.

RSXTypeS79 said:
I want to hear it.

John
Me too.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
This will be my next car

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
I'll have one real soon.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Sorry Im keeping the C5 too. I was supposed to go pick a C6 up this week but got hurt riding MX.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
LG makes some bad stuff.. Robert has a C5 with there head and cam package, header and corsa exhaust and Z06 manifold. 445 wheel hp and 46X wtq. Not bad for a weekend of work, than and it about gives you a stiffey listening to it idle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
God damn. A 620rwhp N/A ride is impressive no doubt. The fact that the lsx tuners are doing this cam only is fucking insane.

I wonder if ls1 camaro/firebird owners will see these results and start swapping ls7s into their cars with increasing frequency (ie over the ls1/ls2 402s, 408s, 382s, etc). I guess that would depend on the price of the ls7 motor goin down though, something I dont think it will do soon. We'll see.

P.S - PROVE ME WRONG GM!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Pretty impressive for so early on in the C6 Z06 production. High 9s @ 140 mph NA/stock bottom end here we come.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Many NA rides in this price class of cars are highly strung rpm-wise which may limit easy gains. Nice to see F.I.-like gains out of a few mods done purely NA. It'll only be time till Cartek and others raise the bar...imagine 9s on stock lower end DONE NA without nitrous (best of 11.3s @ 127+ mph by Ranger in showroom/EPA trim on stock tires) and the throttle response and powerband to tear up the road course with upgraded brakes. That plus a 22 cu.ft. trunk!!!

Wait till the FD RX-7 crowd puts a 620 rwhp LS7 in their rides. Wait till people BPU the upcoming supercharged LS9 motored factory 29xx lb. Vette !!!

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
carless said:
God damn. A 620rwhp N/A ride is impressive no doubt. The fact that the lsx tuners are doing this cam only is fucking insane.

I wonder if ls1 camaro/firebird owners will see these results and start swapping ls7s into their cars with increasing frequency (ie over the ls1/ls2 402s, 408s, 382s, etc). I guess that would depend on the price of the ls7 motor goin down though, something I dont think it will do soon. We'll see.

P.S - PROVE ME WRONG GM!!!!!!!

well a nice 408 is like what? 11k installed?
a LS7 crate motor is 14k...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts