Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sprayed a 125 nitrous just to spool my GT45-80 at the dyno but we lifted the head.We used the 1/2 inch ARP head studs and do the right torque,but we lifted the head.Before we made some boost the head lifted.Does anyone have any idea or what can we do to prevent this?
I make 35-40psi without nitrous without a problem but 125hp nitrous lifts the head without boost.
And after i lifted the head i see 10-15 c degree higher oil temperatures than before.Does anyone have idea about this?My oil pressure is good bothing changed than before.
Sertan

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
any vids? (sorry for not having any insight)

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
You threw exhaust gases into an area they belong, which could account for the temperature increase you said you had

As for the head lifting off of the block before you increase dynamic compression with boost, something is wrong there ... the head isn't torqued correctly, or cylinder pressures are way beyond what should be normal for your compression and that amount of nitrous. If the nitrous/fuel was igniting long before the piston was near TDC, this could happen, but I would think you would bend a rod before you lifted the head ... probably an install error on the head, or faulty/stretched hardware.

How do you know the head lifted?

We sprayed a 125 nitrous just to spool my GT45-80 at the dyno but we lifted the head.We used the 1/2 inch ARP head studs and do the right torque,but we lifted the head.Before we made some boost the head lifted.Does anyone have any idea or what can we do to prevent this?
I make 35-40psi without nitrous without a problem but 125hp nitrous lifts the head without boost.
And after i lifted the head i see 10-15 c degree higher oil temperatures than before.Does anyone have idea about this?My oil pressure is good bothing changed than before.
Sertan

·
Registered
824 Posts
I had some head lifting issues too. But I just installed some L-19 7/16 studs. They claim they are stronger than regular arp 1/2 inch studs. Maybe you should try the L-19 1/2 inch studs.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
POssibly the block was not doen right for the 1/2 size of the ARP studs...maybe?

Hopefully it was a wet shot of nitrous and not a dry shot.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I agree with most of the others here, you have bigger problems. Your not raising the comp nearly as high with a 125 shot as you are 30psi from a gt45-80. I also dont think you have lifted the head, perhaps blown a headgasket. Let me guess, dry shot?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Where did you get the headgasket and what type of head-gasket did you use ?

Where you using a PRE DRILLED (Titan/SP/ Bullish) 1/2" Stud OEM Headgastket ?

Where you using a Copper/ Cometic or any other brand gasket?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts