Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know that you don't want a lighted underdrive pully because it throws the balance of the crank off, leading to short bearing life. but if you get a lightened flywheel wouldn't you have the same problem also?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
No. The harmonic balancer on the stock underdrive pulley is just that - a harmonic balancer. There is no such device or function to the stock flywheel. You'll be fine with the ligthened flywheel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm debating on getting the fidenza flywheel but I heard that some of those flywheels are off balance. If that was the case, wouldn't it throw off the harmonic balance on the crank?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
b820 said:
I'm debating on getting the fidenza flywheel but I heard that some of those flywheels are off balance. If that was the case, wouldn't it throw off the harmonic balance on the crank?
If you're so worried about that, then take it to a machine shop that balances flywheels, and have them take care of it. :bigthumb:

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
If you mix fidonza and ACT.. make 100% your step height is 17thouh, or else you'll have disengagment issues, I had to pull a tranny 3 times because of it

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
Youre confusing rotational balance with harmonic vibrations. Two separate things, though balancing affects vibration. ANyways, balance that Fidanza flywheel. I found mine to be quite off.

·
ODS
847 Posts
I am running the fidanza and love it... If your dropping the tranny I would reccomend slipping in a fidanza... Spins up and down alot quicker then stock...

SMo'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts