Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reciently picked one off of a friend for my 1jz. I have read many people saying "oh thier crap" or whatnot. Not many people though have had any problems that they reported (besides flywheel bolts backing out)

So, I am asking you guys, with light wieght crank pulleys (undampened ones) to tell me if you have had any problems.

Also, if you could tell me if you noticed any difference in free reving (similer results from a light wieght flywheel?)

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
I have a lightened fw and crank pulley on a 2j, the crank pulley is dampened, the fw isn't. it revs like a bike. no problems whatsoever. :)

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
This is kind of an iffy subject. From what i understand, the stock crank pulley is not a Crank Damper but a harmonic balancer. They say that it balances the crank etc....But lots of people have after market crank pullleys witn no problems (i am one), but im sure some do.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh. If you have an aftermarket crank pulley (undampened) please state how long it has been on your car, and weather your auto, or 6 speed

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
about 5K miles on a Unorthodox crank pulley in my 5spd NA here...no problems to date

:knock-on-wood:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats great^ I am not asking OPINIONS here. I want to know who has run it, and what thier results were. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts