Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 89" supra. The guys i bought the car from tried to put in a cd changer but wasn't any good at electronics, and ended up blowing the ecu. These guys tried to fix it and messed up a lot of stuff. The first thing i found was the lights always stay on(even the lights are flipped down) as long a the batt. is connected. Next i get voltage to my rear light assimbly but not across them (both sides). Dash lights come on when they want too same with the radio. I started removing all the panels and putting all the wires back they way they should be. Oh yeah any one have a spare ecu for a non-turbo 89' supra. The car only has 93 thousand mile on it. I will send pics next log on.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Take the cd player out of the car and put any cut wires to the way they're suppose to be. Its impossible to fry the ECU with those wires, so I wouldnt count on the ECU to be defective, rather just some fuses either under the hood or by the driver side kick panel. You also might be facing multiple problems....go ahead and uninstall the cd player and go from there.

Kruso

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree with kruso and also check the fuses and relays and make sure everything is conected right!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts