Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just curious what people have reached in the lightweight mk3 supra club...starting with the 5sp turbo targa (3620lb stock)

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
im just curious what people have reached in the lightweight mk3 supra club...starting with the 5sp turbo targa (3620lb stock)
I believe projectsupra got his down to around 2800. And thats going to be hard to beat since he has the light weight 1ggte.

·
Registered
998 Posts
1ggte..thats cool..that would just be a collectors supra to me haha

·
Registered
585 Posts
AGlobalThreat claims he is at 2780lbs and I believe he has a 1J. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
the weight of mine is in my sig... there's still more i can remove. if i had a lightweight flywheel and a single piece aluminum driveshaft. and if i had lexan it would shed more weight, also some fd rx7 rims would help too. if i did all of that, i could probably have my 90 targa down to somewhere in the sub 2800 pound range.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
has anybody cut out and replace chassy parts to loose weight? like cut out there spare tire grove out of the trunk and caped it with sheet metal ect ect...

a buddy of mine filled in his spare tire grove after cutting it out of his berretta and claims that he shaved off alot of weight inclueding getting rid of the spare itself.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
has anybody cut out and replace chassy parts to loose weight? like cut out there spare tire grove out of the trunk and caped it with sheet metal ect ect...

a buddy of mine filled in his spare tire grove after cutting it out of his berretta and claims that he shaved off alot of weight inclueding getting rid of the spare itself.
that stuff is next on my list. i just havent done it yet

·
Supra Hoarder...
958 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts