Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was coming home and this dude in new Lightning got on my ass. We got on a straight and he jumped outr to pass, before he ever even got out there i had it nailed and I must say those trucks arent to shaby. I was pulling from him pretty good but it held it on for a heavy truck. We were running probably 60 and I let out about 130 since I had about 6 or 7 cars on him.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good kill, I also beat one from a roll. At the light he asked how it does off the line. Being no dummy, I said, "Nothing against that torque monster" But he was cool.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've got an 03 lightning with minimal mods, gone 12.7 but only at 107.5mph. The lightning is quick to a distance but not a speed necesserily. I love my truck and love putting beat-downs on oter cars, but I know that I'm not gonna beat most fast stuff out there. Still, its fun to run.
Tom
SMS racing.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I beat a Lightning in my bone stock 94 TT Auto from 70 to 120 mph and I had a passenger. They are no match for a BPU Supra, even from a stop.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
I own a stock lightning 2000 model (slower than the 03 I beleive) The newer lightnings have altezza type lights in teh back. anyhow hate to break it to you folks but Lightnings are not fast. Maybe from a dig, but from a roll they aren't anything special. Sure they are faster than the average truck but, again you own a car thats 1500 pounds lighter, with 75 more HP and better gearing from a roll. Zippity do dah..

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
At higher speeds a Lightning is DOOMED due to truck aerodynamics, with 380 HP they top out at 140 mph. But off the line give them MUCHO respect or you may be embarrassed. :eek:

That Lightning guy was pretty bold to attempt to just come around you like that with no warning. Glad you smacked him down. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Believe it or not, I have probably raced more lightnings than almost any other car. I have much respect, but I never came close to loosing to one. The closest race was with one that had about every bolt on possible, including a small shot. We were door handle to door handle til about 60.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAHA yesterday I was coming thru the same area in my truck and seen a car identical to mine, then like 3 cars behind it was the same lightning. I guess he was going after revenge.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Lotta Lightnings in Texas. I've raced one at the track. They jumped the light, and were faster thru the 1/8, but the ticket showed me faster thru the second half with a lower time and a trap of 97. This was in my 89 Supra T. I'd put the times, but no telling where theyre at... So, basically...what everyone else said. :rolleyes:

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
haha same thing happened to me but he got a 1 car length jump on me when passing before I got on it. Slowly realed him in until I hit full boost so from 45mph to the top of third I had him by a little more than a car. He waved and cut me off, lol. We were in a 45 zone so my focus was mainly on the V1.

M

·
0 Posts
fencekey said:
I beat a Lightning in my bone stock 94 TT Auto from 70 to 120 mph and I had a passenger. They are no match for a BPU Supra, even from a stop.
are you kidding me? Most supra owners cant even get a BPU supra to go low 12's...you damn sure dont wanna line up next to a lightly modded L thats always consistent.

T

·
0 Posts
fencekey said:
I'll be in Dallas in roughly 6 months. I'll give you a chance to back that up then.

T

·
0 Posts
Trooper said:
Florida is the lightning capitol of the world... mainly because its so flat.
Actually Texas has the largest concentration of them. The local club in Houston has over 50 trucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts