Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Just a quick one - do you recall the weight of 17' factory mkiv rim (without a tire)? Can you recommend 18' aftermarket rims, which are lighter than stock 17'?
Thanks
Piotr

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
yea the gram lights are one of the lightest rims i have seen for the supra. I am sure there are acouple more out there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think it depends on which gramlight you go with. A member on here got a set of gramlight 57F pros(two piece)and I believe they were 24/25 pounds. Volk makes some in the ~20lb range. I have a set of le37t's. I haven't weighed them, but they are right around 19/20lbs. Gramlights and Volks are both made by Rays wheels, and both are some light and great looking rims. I don't know of any 18s made by Rays that are heavier than the stockers.......unless youre talking some custom width. Anyway, either one would be lighter than stock. I think ssr makes some very light wheels as well.
tony

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm running Speedline Solid Magnesium wheels atm. 18x9 front 18x10 rear. Extremely light. I can pick up a wheel with no tire with only my pointer finger. They came with the car, hence their price is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just purchased a set of BC Forged racing wheels. The 18x10 weighs 22 lbs. Being a custom wheel, they took a couple of months to build. However, I took delivery today and will see about getting some pictures sometime soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Volk TE37. 19X8.5 (18~19lbs) and 19X9.5 (~19-20lbs only).

Trust me, you can tell the weight difference when driving with them.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts