Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gone Fishin
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all but one wire soldered into the ECU harness for the VPC. The one in question is the one that goes to terminal 66. This spot is also used by the AFC for the MAF reading. Since I am not gonna have a MAF do I just unhook the wires from the AFCII or do I just solder them all into that wire? Hope someone can help, this is holding me up.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
66 actually needs to be cut into 2 wires. The yellow VPC wire will go to the white wire on the AFC. The yellow wire on the AFC will then go to the wire left on pin 66 on the ECU harness.

EDIT: Forgot you are also adding the VPC into the mix. No need to cut wire 66.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
StokerSix said:
Is 66 the MAF wire? If so, if you disconnect the MAF sensor, you don't need to cut it, just splice into it.

You do realize when installing a AFC, you need to cut wire 66 because the AFC needs to read the signal and transmit another signal to the ECM. If you leave the wire uncut and solder both AFC wires to it, the AFC would be rendered useless.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Alex D said:
You do realize when installing a AFC, you need to cut wire 66 because the AFC needs to read the signal and transmit another signal to the ECM. If you leave the wire uncut and solder both AFC wires to it, the AFC would be rendered useless.
Ha! No I didn't ...sorry :)

So you need to leave the MAF sensor hooked up? lol

When I had a VPC I used an SFC, so I thought along the same lines.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I'm confusing myself now thinking about it. VPC yellow wire goes to the white AFC wire, VPC yellow wire goes to 66. Now i believe thats right.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yellow output of the vpc goes to the white input of the safc. Then the yellow output of the safc needs to go to 66, the old wire that the maf use to use to send its signal to the ecu. There is no need to cut the wire on 66 because after you remove the maf, nothing else is connected to it other than the output of the safc.

vpc to safc to ecu. That simple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts