Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Only Time Will Tell
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well im just wondering wat lsd should i use for my diff..? i have a 95 n/a supra with a 6spd conversion and i just got a gs diff for it but im just wondering wat limited slip can i put into the gs diff that will work good and be reliable...? i really dont know anything about limited slips so the more income on info will be great...

·
Only Time Will Tell
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its nice but need new rear diff... can i use the 6spd lsd or do i have to stick with the 5spd lsd for the gs diff...??

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
assuming you swapped it with the stock 5spd rear end, you can't use the 6spd lsd. theres a sticky at the top of this section about w58 >> v160 but keeping the stock rear. if you have a 5spd diff, you need a lsd for the 5spd. if you swap out the rear for a FULL v160 swap, then you can use the 6spd lsd. of course, i've heard of some people actually using the 6spd lsd with some modification... search for that thread and see what you come up with.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Comparing the trd lsd (clutch-pack type) with the oem torsen lsd, I think the TRD is better at keeping your car straight, especially on the straight-away. The torsen lsd is hellah better than no lsd, but it has a slight squirmy nature to it at the immediate onset of accel sometimes.

·
Only Time Will Tell
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i know u cant put a 6spd lsd in a 5spd diff im just wondering since i have the lexus gs400 diff wat kind of lsd can i use...? can i just find one for a n/a supra and then just put it into the gs400 diff, will that work with no problems..???

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
^^ you beat me to it. Just like he said, anything that works for the TT auto/NA 5spd supra will work for you, if you have the money, go with the TRD LSD For the TT auto car, if not, see if you can find a factory Torsen Unit out of a 5spd or a TT auto.

and i dont see how it could be possible (even iwth modifications) to use the 6spd lsd in the NA/TTAUTO/GS400 pumpkin......maybe im wrong

1 - 12 of 12 Posts