Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, to start with I was stuttering at high loads, ex: WOT in 3rd @ 3500-4000 RPM,

Examined engine bay, found boost leaks.

Now under WoT it ran great, but when I got off the throttle, the car would be missing real bad.

Now that has ceased to happen as well. My question is, is that having those boost leaks, the ECU was probably cutting the fuel back becaues the O2 was detecting a RICH mixture. SO then I fix my leaks, and get on it WOT, is the ecu like oh crap is running lean because of the way it learned the fuel curve with the boost leaks, so when I get off if, it goes into limp mode?

The car would be missing out for about 30 seconds after WoT, and then just smooth back out.

Any idea what this was?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
K&N FIPK, HKS DP, LEXUS AFM, RC 550s, MBC @ 10psi (atm), Apexi Cat back, Atmospheric BoV, MSD plug wires, NGK iridiums, thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

I have had these same mods for some time now, and this was a new problem.

EDIT for "was" instead of is.

The car only did it a few times after I fixed the boost leak. That is why I am wondering if it was some kind of limp mode after detecting a lean condition.

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
BOV vented to atmosphere maybe? ECU's gonna be looking for recirc'ed air, which isn't gonna be there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts