Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there such a big price difference between aTitan line lock kit and the B&M kit? Is there a quality difference? If you have a B&M kit how is it working out for you?

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
I got the B&M kit on ebay for about $90. Then I went to Earls and got the lines. All together about $130. I didnt like the switch they include in the package so I got a diffrent one with a light. I hid the switch so it cant be bumped and the light is by my dash so I know when its on. I secured the switch in the ash tray since I dont smoke. I like the kit

·
Registered
872 Posts
TonyG said:
Could you give me a break down of what size lines you needed??
Thanks
-3an lines you can get from Aeroquip. The fittings you will need are (1) m10x1.0 inverted flare female to -3 male. This goes on the brake line. (1) inverted flare male m10x1.0 to -3an male. This goes into the master cylinder.
-3an 18" straight line hooked to the brake line fitting and line lock. And a -3an 18" one end a 90 degree hooked to master cylinder fitting and other end straight going into the line lock.
You will also need (2) -3an male to 1/8npt male fittings for the line lock solenoid. And (2) 1/8npt plugs.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
The Hurst line lock used in the Titan kit is very reliable (same used on the Pro RWD cars). I have a standard push button on the ebrake that I use, it's easier to use a push button than a switch as you'll always know when it's on and you can use it easier and more frequently (it makes getting up my slanted driveway and parking on a hill a breeze).

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MDVortex said:
I got mine from www.SUMMITRACING.com to include total steel lines kit all for under 100 bucks. Solenoid look exactly the same as the Titan/Hurst kit. And specs are identical.

Which kit did you get?

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
i just did mine and i would go with a kit that has everything instead of trying to piece it together cause it took like 3 weeks to get all the fittings . just my 2 cents

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
503 Posts
okay so i must be stupid, but i havent ordered lines or fittings....could someone break the info down a bit for me. Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
TonyG said:
okay so i must be stupid, but i havent ordered lines or fittings....could someone break the info down a bit for me. Thanks
See my last post,
Sorry , that I don't have part Number anymore.

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
503 Posts
Well I ordered all parts from Summit...I believe these are the right part numbers....I havent gotten them and put them in, but once done I will confirm.
I didnt save much money at all but being able to pick out the colors and fittings (SS colored below) was worth it. Hope this helps someone who was as clueless as I was...
Your 2 18" lines
EAR-63010118ERL (Straight)
EAR-63011718ERL (90 degree bend)
HUU-1745000 (Hurst line lock, use summits to save cash SUM-760000)
RUS-641411 (m10x1.0 inverted flare female to -3 male)
RUS-642441 (-3an male to 1/8npt male fittings) x2
RUS-662031 (Plugs)
EAR-592032ERL (m10x1.0 male to -3an male)

Also got Bleeders and Brake lines...
RUS-688200 (Russell Brake lines)
RUS-639560 (Speed Bleeders...2 per pack) x2

And while your doing all of this might as well paint the calipers ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts