·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
vid is awesome too and take note each gear of a Vette sweeps through huge speed differences

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
Fuck those cars man.. they have the longest gears! I tried racing a C5 fucking shifted 4 gears the guys still in 2nd hahah

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
That thing just ripped throught the gears. 4th gear went so quick.

From that site it said that these were a shakedown run at only 18psi with more boost to come! Throw a dirty track into the mix and we're looking at merely a percentage of what this thing is capable of.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That thing just ripped throught the gears. 4th gear went so quick.

From that site it said that these were a shakedown run at only 18psi with more boost to come! Throw a dirty track into the mix and we're looking at merely a percentage of what this thing is capable of.
I agree. And 4th gear on that sweeps through a lot of speed.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
That's awesome. It seems like they got it done quickly as a month or two ago, they were just showing teaser pics on CorvetteForum. Down with Hennessey!

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
that guy has a shit load of money in that motor. the C5r blocks are soooo expensive.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sick!

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
wow i dont even think the turbo viper guys are running that fast
The last Hennessey Viper ran something like 225.2mph a month or two ago. That was race-prepped though, iirc.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The last Hennessey Viper ran something like 225.2mph a month or two ago. That was race-prepped though, iirc.
Yeah that's what I meant. I knew Hennessey was the quickest as of recent, however their car was fully race prepped. I think the previous speed record held by the viper crowd were the SVS guys (217mph?), but I think they also had a modified nose and a rear diffuser. The thing that blows me away about it is that those guys were making in the range of 1100rwhp+, so I wonder how much this C6Z is putting down. Seems to me it would be a good bit less but then again I don't see any dyno numbers mentioned.

Either way, if it's legit standing 1 mile to competition specs... that's extremely impressive!! Lots of respect for the LPE boys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts