Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys suggest ways to improve traction on the supra. As you know it just does not grip on take offs?
1. Tires!
2. Low RPM Launch?
3. ??
4. ??:drag:

D

·
0 Posts
What about that aftermarket traction control thing? (I forget who makes it)

Anyone use that with mild success?

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you are referring to the RaceLogic system, yes I've seen people have unbeleivable success with the system. If I could shell out the $1,000 for it I'd love to have it! Paul Whiffin is running a group buy on the system if anyone is interested.

J

·
0 Posts
I second that!
I've seen people use racelogic, in bmw and supra communities, to much success... GO BUY IT

Lates,
Josh

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can I see racelogic review? which website?

G

·
0 Posts
randy said:
Where can I see racelogic review? which website?
tech info on www.racelogic.co.uk.

I am not aware of any reviews on the net. But I any many MKIV owners in the UK have it fitted too our cars and it works suprisingly well. If you had a ride in a car, especially in the wet, with it fitted you would be placing an order the following day.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am basically looking to get traction on takeoffs. Does this system help with that? Is your 0-60mph time better?:D

·
Banned
945 Posts
I find it funny that most of the zealous Race Logic supporters are non owners.

From a Race Logic owner: It is not all it's cracked up to be. The car can and will spin out from hard acceleration (yes, even at "0% slip"). Often times it takes too much power (yes, even at "20% slip"), and other times the launch control seems to get confused.

What this unit does is aid your driving-- not replace it. The unit gives me a little more confidence in driving. Just don't rely on it. I like the unit in my car but I'm not sure I'd buy another one.

J

·
0 Posts
If your going to race, just dump VHT all over your lane in the road... you'll grip like a champ. I dunno how the police would feel about that...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts