Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
11,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sitting a couple years without use it looks like my PC680 is dead. Besides the weight savings there is nothing to write home about with this battery as I've had a couple. I'm looking to move to a lithium battery that is the same size as the car is already set up for a 680. So, who is running them and what is your experience? From the research I've done it will cost me ~$600 for one...I suppose you get what you pay for however.

· Registered
1,197 Posts
I run a tiny lithium motorcycle battery lol

· Boost Junkie
15,154 Posts
Go Shorai if you must. I am not sure if its the same size as the PC680 though. You def have to keep the PC680 on a tender all the time as you figured out.

Steve

· Registered
2,128 Posts
I've had my SHORAI 4+ yrs now. It weighs 4lbs and is smaller than my last odyssey battery and is still kicking today. I do not power an audio system or any gauges other than my ProEFI screen. I paid $300 for it, and use a lithium charger I bought from Batteries Plus for, IIRC, $70. Still the best battery I bought other than the heavy ass Interstates.

· Registered
2,128 Posts
Took these 10min ago in its current state (putting together white hardtop still). In addition, pic of it in my red targa with a quick bracket I made. The Genius charger charges up any battery pretty quick, lithium or non-lithium.

· Registered
11,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Reverend Hillclimb
3,214 Posts
Because they are pieces of shit...after having 2 pc680 battery failures and seeing multiple others that were junk go through the shop id rather suck it up and buy a superior battery.
Your Odyssey PC680's failed, or the XSPowers?
I see PC680s on like 50% of the cars around me but never heard of a failure.
I was just about to buy one, but I was thinking of going a step bigger.

· Registered
31 Posts
Because they are pieces of shit...after having 2 pc680 battery failures and seeing multiple others that were junk go through the shop id rather suck it up and buy a superior battery.
Interesting... It's winter here and my car sat for about a month in below freezing weather and I figured I'd go for a drive on a 50* day and my XSPower S975 had no problem firing up.

· Registered
1,297 Posts
We run the PC680 here in our shop for our Harleys in the PD. They are burned up after 6 months to a year at most. We go through them WAY to much in my opinion. Little different situation, but I echo the garbageness that others say the pc680 are. U

· Reverend Hillclimb
3,214 Posts
We run the PC680 here in our shop for our Harleys in the PD. They are burned up after 6 months to a year at most. We go through them WAY to much in my opinion. Little different situation, but I echo the garbageness that others say the pc680 are. U
This is honestly the first I have heard of so much negative feedback.
My brother just gave me his PC925 since he doesnt have a use for it anymore, 2 years and going.
My friend Brad has also had his 680 in the s2000 track car for a few years.
Either you guys have bad luck, or the people I know have really good luck lol

I also see this is only the PC680, could be just a poor battery design.
Do you guys tend them?
The ones I have seen lasting so long are on tenders when they dont drive
Like all Odysseys, when they are fully discharged, they are pretty much dead.
Are you sure you guys dont have too much drain or something?

On the plus side, I forgot to put my Deka ETX16L on the tender... about 13 months ago... Still holding a full charge haha.

Also, I am sure someone already looked at the LithiumPros offerings?
https://www.lithiumpros.com/

No clue if they are good, but I see their damn logo alot. They are also priced higher than hell, but I dont know what it costs to make a good lithium battery so it could be acceptable.

· Boost Junkie
15,154 Posts
I have to agree with you. I've had a couple PC 680s. One lasted 4 years, the other is in a friend's Supra. My PC 925 has been in my car for 3 years, no issues. My other Odyssey in my Lexus is 6 years old and no issues. It's a PC 1200.

I always had the 680s and 925s on a tender. The 1200 is so large it doesn't need it. I am not sure the 925 does to be quite honest.

Steve

· From the land down under
5,624 Posts
Im running a small Full River AGM battery, and its been in my car for about 4-5 years, its always on a tender when not in use, as I rarely drive the car (circa 2-3 times a year) and its never once failed me. It cranks harder and faster than any normal lead acid battery too.

I have always thought that anyone having troubles with AGM batteries is either not using a tender, or has really bad luck.

· Registered
1,297 Posts
We never put the 680 on a tender. The bikes are rode daily. So there isn't much need for it. If we know there is going to be a cold snap ( LOL FLORIDA) We will put it on one. But for the most part there just isn't a need.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts