Supra Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· AFK
495 Posts
Theres a company called mightymax that makes SLA/AGM & lithium battery
In 2017 I picked up one of their $28 18AH SLA batteries, this thing is like 3lbs or 5lbs or whatever. And it cranked over my 5.3L V8 9.5:1 compression engine from the trunk better than a normal car battery. And its still in there 50,000 miles later after having been drained completely dead twice from sitting a few months over the last 5 years just beginning to show its age.

I don't think you need to spend so much money on a battery when $28 can do that

*EDIT:
I just checked to make sure I was giving good info and it turns out I have the 26AH battery.
In 2017 it was roughly $28 to $35 shipped but now they are twice the price. Unfortunate.
Might as well go for the 35AH version since its the same price now.
I have a 35AH mighty max I keep in the backseat as a battery jump box. The sealed lead acid 13.05v resting battery is great for jump starts and could easily replace any car battery if the need arises, making it far more valuable than a jump box.

· Registered
11,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Theres a company called mightymax that makes SLA/AGM & lithium battery
In 2017 I picked up one of their $28 18AH SLA batteries, this thing is like 3lbs or 5lbs or whatever. And it cranked over my 5.3L V8 9.5:1 compression engine from the trunk better than a normal car battery. And its still in there 50,000 miles later after having been drained completely dead twice from sitting a few months over the last 5 years just beginning to show its age.

I don't think you need to spend so much money on a battery when $28 can do that
Nice...

· Registered
65 Posts
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Bought an antigravity full size 2 years ago, it was great for a year, cranked like a champ everytime, after a year, a shop found some bloating was occurring in the casing (so minor i never noticed it). Contacted antigravity, they replaced the battery under warranty without hesitation, that's the new one in there. Unfortunately I think they only replace once under warranty, so if it happens again I'm out of pocket? Other than that, the battery has been great, you can actually feel the difference in weight via how much more peppy the front end feels during sharp turns.

· Registered
252 Posts
Is that red cf baseplate also holding the battery? If so, who makes it?
Yes, it is the battery holder. It's a one-off piece that a local fabricator surprised me with, extremely light. I brought him a mocked up plastic and aluminum jig of what I wanted, expecting him to make it out of aluminum but he had some extra carbon lying around and surprised me with it, adding a bit of red pigment to the resin. 3.15 lbs with the battery, holder, and all hardware.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts