Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sport Compact Car just finished the write up on the new suspension on my miata. Just thought I would share the results as I am pretty pumped about them.

76.6mi/hr through the slalom (the new rear wing added 2.1mi/hr!!!)
1.09g on the skid pad

And this wasn't on optimal tires. My Avon Tech R tires had been beaten up on 3 track days before we did the tests. They had dropped off significantly on track before we tested them.

the setup is:
15x7.5" SSR Comps with 225/45/15 Avons
KW 2 way adjustable coilovers with 60Nm springs
Garage Vary front lip
APR GTC-200 rear wing

It was then on Streets of Willow. I ran a couple upper 1:30's running counter clockwise. (Terry or others - what do you run in this config in your supra?) I better driver could probably pull another 2nd or so out of that...

When I get some pics and a better write up on my website I'll let you know. The write up will be in the August SCC.

Matt

·
Registered
531 Posts
Matt I ran a 1:30 flat clockwise at a speedtrials event a few months ago have not run it counter with the bowl but counter clockwise is about a second faster.

·
Registered
531 Posts
turbomx5 said:
So Sport Compact Car just finished the write up on the new suspension on my miata. Just thought I would share the results as I am pretty pumped about them.

76.6mi/hr through the slalom (the new rear wing added 2.1mi/hr!!!)
1.09g on the skid pad

And this wasn't on optimal tires. My Avon Tech R tires had been beaten up on 3 track days before we did the tests. They had dropped off significantly on track before we tested them.

the setup is:
15x7.5" SSR Comps with 225/45/15 Avons
KW 2 way adjustable coilovers with 60Nm springs
Garage Vary front lip
APR GTC-200 rear wing

It was then on Streets of Willow. I ran a couple upper 1:30's running counter clockwise. (Terry or others - what do you run in this config in your supra?) I better driver could probably pull another 2nd or so out of that...

When I get some pics and a better write up on my website I'll let you know. The write up will be in the August SCC.

Matt
Did you mean you ran 1.30.8 or 1.38 or 39 not sure upper 1:30's

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My fastest time was 1:30.7

I think CCW is more than 1 sec faster. I bet with the bowl you'd run 1:28 or 1:27s

·
Registered
531 Posts
turbomx5 said:
My fastest time was 1:30.7

I think CCW is more than 1 sec faster. I bet with the bowl you'd run 1:28 or 1:27s
Excellent time Matt that's really pedaling fast.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol: that would be a great headline if that was the case. I need to remember that in the unfortunate event that I do roll it...

...I should pass this on to evo drivers. They could use it pretty frequently...

·
Supraless
666 Posts
Good job Matt... Let me know if you do men's hairstyles as well. ;)

offtopic: Streets of Willow on May 21st? I'm signed along with two other former supra chaps. I know adavanced still has open spots. speedtrialusa.com Holla at yo boy! :D

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jeez. I would like to be there, but I am flying back from hawaii that day...

where are you working now? we should grab lunch. you buy lunch and I'll cut your hair for free.

:lol:

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
Congrats on the fantastic lap times and g's.

Matt,
it reminded me from another post here someplace today ...but I have longer than usual hair and wonder if you do boost cuts? I might try some of the hair goop my kids use on their hair on my track tires, got any advice?

sorry, I couldn't resist, I have poor self control

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:fawk: all you current supra owners need mullet cuts and fiery birds painted on your hoods...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts