Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

Work is what forced me to reside in DC, it pays very well and able to put some more upgrades to my MKIII that is in storage in Austin for 10 years! YIKES!!!
I really miss my 7M, I want to bring it up to DC - hell No I'm not going to drive it in dc at all, It will be a track car/fun / special occasion car. The car is already race-ready and is putting out 358 rwhp @10 psi on a 60-1 garret turbocharger, untuned. I have Greddy emanage blue to install but never gotten around to it because I moved to DC.. ok now, my question:

do you have recommendations on a place for me to store and able to work in a timely manner, be able to bring it to the show/ races. I would like to meet up with some people and start networking and get into the hype. have some weekend rides/races at the strip or a closed-circuit track here and there.

cheers!
Thanks for reading.
Looking forward to meeting some new MKIII owners on the East Coast.

·
Blue Thunder
3,490 Posts
Welcome. I'm in Md. The best place to store it would be at a storage unit facility. Some have indoor spots for cars. I have Mk2-Mk4 Supras. My MK3 is an 86.5, converted to a 5spd. Bring it up and take her out to some meets. We have plenty here.

B

·
Old Fart Supra Lover
129 Posts
Welcome to the area. There is a Facebook page for Maryland Supras, and one large Supra only event in the area every April in NJ. Other than that, we get together at various Cars & Coffee meets and Freed Engineering has an open house every summer. There are also cruises to Ocean City but can be a mess sometimes. Some large national events sometimes feature the Supra, and we travel to those when we can. For example, the Carlisle Import Nationals in 2018 celebrated the 40th anniversary of the Supra. This year, the Import Alliance Spring Meet in Atlanta is featuring the Supra as their spotlight vehicle. There are many other general car shows, meets and cruises throughout the summer to participate in.

I would also suggest renting a storage room to get your car local so you can enjoy it. I did 22 years active duty and took some of my cars to Europe and such, but was without them more than enjoying them. Then spent 5 years in the Middle East without any of my cars and would go straight to the storage every vacation chance I got so I know the feeling

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! I def will look up in those MD forums and some local storage that can have 24 hr access gated community where I can spend whatever hours to work on it. Some places don't allow you to do any work, some do.

looking forward to this.
cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts