Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my LM-1 today and this thing is awsome! I made a few pulls and checked out the data on my home comp. I have a few questions for anyone that has used this . I have the LM-1 with the RPM convertor and inductive pick up. And I have the ability to modify the fuel mixture via fuel comp. and lexus screw

Question#1 What should my afr be at idle im at 14.5ish area right now

Question #2 When I let off my AFR goes nuts (lean)
I was told this is normal how lean is it actually going and does this hurt the engine?

Question#3 At WOT under load my AFR is in the 9ish where should I be to be safe I know this is alot rich

Question #4 The RPM data is a bit sketchy when I got it back to my home comp I can smooth it out with the software but is this because Im using the inductive pick ? Would it be better if I hard wired this RPM pick up ,if so where do I wire it into?

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
1) Perfect once warmed up.
2)That's normal, the tccs shuts off the injectors below ~2500 rpm iirc when you let off the throttle and coast..basically just to save fuel.
3)Yah that's pretty rich alright, but it's not uncomon for the ecu to do that. Mid 11's:1 is what I ilke for the street..
4)Try moving the pickup clamp to different areas where it doesn't have to lay over any other plug wires or anything, cyl 1 is probably your best bet.

Good investment by the way!

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you want to hard wire it, splice into the black wire that is coming off the coil pack wires. That's where mine is and it works good. The rest of your information is correct and normal that you posted. I aim for 12 - 11.7 while tuning. I can also run a little leaner due to the altitude though. Don't know about your area, but to be safe, keep it in the mid 11s. GL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts