Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Had my 94 n/a supra for a while now (since November of 2019), fixed a bunch of stuff from the previous owner however its time to build my dream supra. The original paint is alpine silver, repainted by previous owner (fucking trash paint though). My plans are to build an LMP1 style Super GT-ish supra that just looks and performs amazing. Going NA-T with custom one off parts and eventually taking it to the track.

First mods after fixing oem issues
  • Tein Flex Z coilovers (will be replaced but did it because the oem suspension was blown)
  • Bronze TE37 front: 17x9 +22, rear: 17x9.5 +28
  • Nitto NT555 front: 255x40 rear:275x40
  • Custom vented fenders using Track-spec louvers

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

More stuff overtime however start in the build I guess.

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have a bunch of stuff posted to my Instagram and whatnot in between starting this thread, also started a YouTube channel and whatnot. However I will skip ahead from when I started really tearing into the car. I have completed a bunch of small stuff prior to posting so for now please bear with me as i go through everything.

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the plan.... make the car a little bit more aerodynamic as well as plan for my v-mount intercooler and subsequent heat exchangers. I am also moving my radiator to the rear for weight distribution.
Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I started my low mount custom turbo manifold. I have a new G30-660 reverse rotation v-band for my power goals not really wanting to hit over 650ish to the wheels. Will also be using a 50mm wastegate and individual egt sensors per cylinder. I am using Mazworks 1/2in thick CNC machined ss manifold plate with 6-1 merge collector from Mint Performance mock welded with just some 3/8 support rods. Then using Iceengine works mock up stuff to really make the tubing possible for routing it how I wanted it. It looks weird because I wanted splitpulse and the firing order to follow counter clockwise to hopefully help the exhaust leave the turbine housing a little bit easier as well as spool the turbo easier (at least in theory)
Light Blue Table Engineering Gas
Automotive tire Azure Glove Gas Helmet

Mocked up in the engine bay with turbo.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought a bunch of $.88 cardboard sheets to start mocking up my intercooler and how I wanted it. Also started making the bottom channel and looking at clearances (yes I cut the bracing across the headlights where the radiator and a/c condenser used to sit, measurements where done prior to mockup)
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive battery Automotive exterior Vehicle

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Hood Automotive lighting Light Bumper Automotive design
Motor vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
12,250 Posts
Love the exhaust manifold concept. You won't get much of a split pulse benefit using a V-band flange but the strategy of orienting each runner to fire into the collector in a specific circular order is pretty cool and I'm really interested to hear more about how that works out.
The G30-660 will probably run out of steam in the mid-high 500's at the wheels and that's assuming you went with the 1.21 A/R exhaust housing. But the response should be absolutely fantastic especially the with V-mount.

I also love the TE37's. But I'm a simple man. I see TE37's, and I hit the like button.

Cool build overall! Any plans for ECU/cylinder head/etc just yet?

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
1,154 Posts
Sweet build for sure! In for the progress!

I have been wanting those iceenginework's bits for a while now! Are those the 1 5/8s? Looking to get the 1.5" so I can copy my RPS Manifold for some future fun...

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love the exhaust manifold concept. You won't get much of a split pulse benefit using a V-band flange but the strategy of orienting each runner to fire into the collector in a specific circular order is pretty cool and I'm really interested to hear more about how that works out.
The G30-660 will probably run out of steam in the mid-high 500's at the wheels and that's assuming you went with the 1.21 A/R exhaust housing. But the response should be absolutely fantastic especially the with V-mount.

I also love the TE37's. But I'm a simple man. I see TE37's, and I hit the like button.

Cool build overall! Any plans for ECU/cylinder head/etc just yet?
I did go with .83 ar but I did order my 1.01 housing already so that should help. I want my torque really low to mid end and have my power early on where my speed comes through gearing. I have more already completed just havent gotten to posting it yet. And yes I am in love with my TE37'S to me they are the best looking wheel for every car you can get and super lightweight.

I was planning in aem v2 hopefully, but really want aem infinity. My cylinder head is one of the processes of builds atm. Nothing too major as the 2jz from what I know and using a flow bench actually has pretty good flow good. Im aiming for at least 85% relevancy just so I have room to grow but also really want my effecincy higher than my previous builds.
Thanks for the support I plan on blasting more tomorrow 😁

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet build for sure! In for the progress!

I have been wanting those iceenginework's bits for a while now! Are those the 1 5/8s? Looking to get the 1.5" so I can copy my RPS Manifold for some future fun...
Yes they are 1.650 I believe. Not going to lie I love this manifold kit just like playing with legos and easier to price out the manifold build for sure.

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those 17’s don’t look half bad on there. I’ve got a set of og bronze 17x9 +22 for my 240 but didn’t even think they’d work on the supra.

Good luck with the build!
Thank you. Kinda wish they were 18's with same offset looks so I can fit a bbk. But it works for now.

·
1,154 Posts
That or you literally take it to your welder and they fab it up for you unless your welding it yourself.

Reactions: Supra_kewl

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That or you literally take it to your welder and they fab it up for you unless your welding it yourself.
Well since these are older pictures I already have it made lol. Just getting everyone to speed so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sooooo...... I wanted to move my radiator to the rear for weight distribution but also kinda keep things similar to what is already built. Yes I cut my oem rear bumper however the channel for the radiator should be very efficient and the way I plan on supplying air would be the rear quarter glass on each side as well as a scoop kinda like the LMP1 or maybe like a drift car (haven't really figured that out yet) but I also really want a shark fin to support my rear chassis wing, diffuser etc.
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Kitchen appliance Automotive lighting Automotive tire Home appliance Bumper

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Started a mockup of my rear sharkfin just because I was waiting on parts. Will not be as big i promise lol. However it did bring insight into how I want to run my rear aerodynamics. Also was mocking up a little channel for the radiator up to the glass of the rear windshield.
Naval architecture Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Boat
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille
Hood Automotive design Shade Naval architecture Interior design
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
1,154 Posts
Well since these are older pictures I already have it made lol. Just getting everyone to speed so far.
Ahh there we go! Did you weld it together? Came out beautifully. Love the originality! Now wanna make a deal on those ice? Haha

Reactions: Supra_kewl

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fast forward a couple days and some of my parts came in to include my intercooler core(24in wide×12 in tall×3in thick) I had my buddy (Kyle/affixrider) some bungs on one side so I could start the mockup of the front where it would be mounted and also where I could center the intercooler correctly and even across the frame. Then I started making the mounts that I used the front bash bar primarily for the front support. Used a could prices of flat stock measured where the old one sat, didnt like it remocked it to where it would fit better, didn't like it, did it again and again got pissed so I did it again lol. Long story short I was trying to make sure I had all my bassis covered for this intercooler setup between the lengths of the piping to and from the turbo and the throttlebody.
Automotive tire Gas Engineering Auto part Machine
Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Asphalt
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper
Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Grille Automotive wheel system
Tool Wood Bumper Machine tool Engineering

·
Registered
1994 RHD Toyota Supra
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahh there we go! Did you weld it together? Came out beautifully. Love the originality! Now wanna make a deal on those ice? Haha
No I had a performance shop do it, 1: not very good with tig and I wanted this to be flawless as well as stout so not really a good time to learn, 2: I was also out of town for about 5 weeks while it was being built. Also needs to be finished at this current moment with egt sensors welded and my wastgeate setup finished.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts