Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a local shop that can turn my oem supra turbo rotors. I am in the San Jose area. So far I have been quoted 68.00 for 4 rotors, which seems kind of high from what I remember. Looking for quality work at a reasonable price.

P.S. Whoever I take them to needs to do it in-house so I can have them fairly quickly.

Thanks,
Randy

· Ricer X
2,296 Posts
Why are Supra owners so damn cheap. MKIV owners have a high end japanese sports car, and spend thousands of dollars in high performance parts, but when it comes to minor jobs and parts around $100 they are so damn poor and cheap about it. They act like freakin Honda owners and garbage. You wanna be thrifty about buying parts, just sell your MKIV and buy a Honda.

I've been trying to sell stuff on the forums for dirt cheap, and still Supra owners lowball to like 1/3 of the dirt cheap asking price. Damn it, stop embarassing yourselves by bargaining and lowballing on deals, and just pay for the damn thing.

I don't get it yo. :scratch:

· i always say toyota !
3,385 Posts
Why are Supra owners so damn cheap. MKIV owners have a high end japanese sports car, and spend thousands of dollars in high performance parts, but when it comes to minor jobs and parts around $100 they are so damn poor and cheap about it. They act like freakin Honda owners and garbage. You wanna be thrifty about buying parts, just sell your MKIV and buy a Honda.

I've been trying to sell stuff on the forums for dirt cheap, and still Supra owners lowball to like 1/3 of the dirt cheap asking price. Damn it, stop embarassing yourselves by bargaining and lowballing on deals, and just pay for the damn thing.

I don't get it yo. :scratch:
hahhaha. i feel you, last time i was selling my stock muffler. i wanted $50, and somebody offered $20. i agreed $20, and he never got back to me. a week later, somebody paid $50 for it.

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Lets get this thread back on track, if you want to start a thread about MKIV owners being cheap make a separate thread please.

P.S. You know how rich people got rich? They saved, and watched there spending habits carefully. I think this makes us a smart consumer in a time of economic recession.

Thanks,

- Randy

· Supra Poobah
1,764 Posts
You are bitching about $68 dollars to turn 4 rotors, negotiate flea market style and they might do it less, save you a buck or two.

· iSketch Master!
12,497 Posts
The cheapest I've seen was at NAPA (I assume you guys have them there). It was like $5 a rotor. If you have an Autozone or something similar I believe it's like $7 a rotor.

I don't get why you guys are all over this dude's case, he's not even bitching. He asked if you know anywhere cheaper, if you don't then of course he's gonna have to use that place. I'd rather spend $40 less for the same exact thing if I can help it. It's not like he's asking if he should buy an eBay POS wastegate.

Alex

· iSketch Master!
12,497 Posts
Wow, they are freaking rotors. It's not like he's asking them to drop the tranny. I guess it's acceptable to waste $70 to turn rotors just because it's a Supra. Turning rotors is one of the easiest things ever to do.

You can go ahead and do that, but I have more sense than to throw an extra $50 out the window for no good reason. I'll go buy my niece and nephew some stuff with the money I didn't waste.

BTW OP, where did you get that quote from?

Alex

· 2turbos1supra
2,733 Posts
kragen, autozone, probably around 20/rotor but you can get better deals by calling around. This isnt a ferrari you guys, no point in spending too much for something this small... unless theres some crazy specialized shit they do to MKIV rotors that command a retarded premium price

· Ricer X
2,296 Posts
I think Pwr4all, AlxRSPTT, LastDrift, are those typical fools you see at Wal-Mart, standing in the Wal-Mart auto section for hours deciding on what to buy, and then in the end, don't buy anything cause they think it's too expensive.

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think Pwr4all, AlxRSPTT, LastDrift, are those typical fools you see at Wal-Mart, standing in the Wal-Mart auto section for hours deciding on what to buy, and then in the end, don't buy anything cause they think it's too expensive.

Actually I get my Mobil 1 at Walmart =) Are you going to tell me that beacuse I got that at walmart it's not as good as the 7.00 ones you buy at other stores? ( think carefully about your answer beacuse some the rich people here still go to wallyworld for the mobil 1) You have to be a smart consumer. I will however not compromise quality of my car and run cheap parts on it. Just because we have expensive cars doesnt mean we have to pay a premium price for basic disposable items. FYI...

I always use v160 Toyota Transmission oil in my 6 speed, Toyota v8 Oil filter (the ones you can't get anymore, Red line in the diff. and OEM Toyota Parts. So no I am not your "typical" walmart customer, and that's rather rude assumption.

- Randy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.