Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For tuning the new engine I am using my Sard 540's. They seem to start to run the engine dry at only 17-18psi and about 500hp. I have tripple walbros in the tank and a AFPR running at a static 40psi. Here is a map of the inectors right at 100% duty cycle.
You can see the red spikes at the bottom being the knock sensor and the yellow line being the timing. It would appear that the stock computer uses the knock sensor to adjust timing even after the stock map sensor maxes out. This way if I forget to take out timing at high boost (like I did, you can see) the stock computer will asist as well.

In this one you can see the boost reach 20psi and the a/f ratios being in the mid-high 13's.

This is just me doing so light pulls from 70-110km/hr. Check the time at the bottom. Less than 1 second for 70-110km @18psi or about 500hp.

I will be eventually (2-3 weeks) running 1000cc Sard top feed injectors and installing my HKS 272/264 cams.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You know what, I still have that damper hooked up right before the fuel rail. The line goes from the tank -10 line under the carriage on the left side of the car. Then up to that damper, then to the fuel rail. Maybe that damper is causing an issue.

One more thing on an unrelated topic. There is a 3/8" rubber hose coming out of the bottom of I think my charcoal canister. The rubber hose is about 4 inches long on isn't connected to anything. Anyone know what the hell that is??

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems that at 15psi my injectors reach 100% duty cycle and the a/f ratio is at 10.0. It then goes up from there. At 20psi and lower speed I am seeing 13.0 a/f and at higher speed I am seeing bumping around 14 a/f. Anyone else notice this little fuel coming from 540's? I was hoping for at least 540 rwhp with these @ 40psi. But I am only seeing a tad under 500.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the fuel pulsation damper, and it made absolutely no difference. It just makes my fuel line pressure drop to zero once the car is off. Before it would hold the pressure for days. Maybe a leak though, who knows.

·
Registered
671 Posts
ebay sard injectors? get them flow tested.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
hook up the injector wires and log injector duty?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like the injector output duration starts to drop when the injectors hit 100% duty cycle. Is this suppose to be like this??

The top blue line is the injector duty cycle.
The lower green line is the output duration.

·
Registered
126 Posts
most injectors are rated at a static pressure of 43 psi. that might make a difference.
i think that might be the limit of the injectors anyway.
sorry to go off topic but how did you get the ultimate to work with the 1jz

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured it out. I just had to start a new program from scratch. Now at 15psi I am getting an injector duty cycle input of 100% and output of about 70%. That gives me 30% more fuel for boosting over 15psi and keeping in the high 11 a/f's. It doesn't go very far...lol. I am thinking that with the 540's I could only push about
22psi @ 13.0a/f
20psi @ 12.5 a/f
18psi @ 12.0a/f
16psi @ 11.1 a/f
15psi @ 10.4 a/f

I need bigger injectors. Oh ya the emanage is easy to get to work. You just need the injector harness. Those will be the only problems you will hear, that it will run super rich without the injector harness. Other than that it works good. Need some playing around with but works.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greddy T-88. Full 4" exhaust, 3 inch intercooler piping, 90mm throttle body, aftermarket intake mani, ferrea valve train w/ oversized valves.

·
Registered
824 Posts
That is some info. which you probably should have put in the first post for people like me that can't remember everything!

With 18psi on a T88 with the head mods I can see why you are maxing out 540's. I had thought that you had a pretty stock 1j turbo wise and 18psi on them shouldn't be maxing them at all.

500rwhp is about right for 540's. With a T88 I would be looking for 720's or 800's.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Damn, that's what I'm putting in, 540 Sards, I thought I'd be able to get a little over 500 with them at the wheels.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock knock sensors.
You could probably get away with 500hp with 540's but you're a/f ratios would be in the 13's.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What a/f ratios does the stock 1jz engine do with the 370cc injectors at 1 bar? Anyone know. I think I remember from last year that it was around 12.5?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
so you have no vacume line going to the fpr? its supposed to increase with boost.. will give you a little extra fuel..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts