Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do u guys remember the dude with the sn General (something)? He used to talk mad shit back in the days when warren ran the forums. always used to talk about doin his super fine wife at his mansion and always talked about himself in third person. Its not that important but i was just curious as to what happened to him because he used crack me up with his b.s.
peace

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
mr akimoto?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was akimoto!! Hahaha! good'ol days.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Member since Jan 02. I'm an old timer here.

S

·
0 Posts
SupraForums was created years after the MKIV ceased to be produced in the states? Wow that's ironic. I figured it'd been up longer than that.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
This forum was created after the F&F craze. No one knew what a supra was prior to that time.

Props to all you OGs.

S

·
0 Posts
aljordan said:
This forum was created after the F&F craze. No one knew what a supra was prior to that time.

Props to all you OGs.
That's sad really. The MKIV was my dream car and I was out going to the street races and working on cars long before I'd ever heard of F&F.

·
OG SF Member #603
1,092 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
they had a mailing list long befor te forum and f&f
Yep, still do I believe. I was on the original MKIV mailing list for several years. Then newb trolls started joining and the content quality dropped. Most of the trollers had AOL so the admins decided to dump all AOL'ers. I could have rejoined w/ a hotmail acct, but never did. I'm currently on a MKIV tech list that is pretty slow, but only deals w/ tech issues.....no "what color should I paint my calipers?" stuff.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
WAY back when, there only used to be one list. Then there was a split between the mk4 listers and the rest of the list. Jason Tanouzer (sp?) started the mk4 mailing list.

I had a 14.4k modem back then.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
You can find some old mr. akimoto posts with google. That guy was the funniest ever. I wasn't here then, but based on another thread I searched around with google. Haven't laughed that hard in a while :D

Here's just a snippet:

Brucey had a suggestion for Mr Akimoto, "Mr Akimoto why don't we hunt down one of those Supra Dupras?" Mr Akimoto didn't know what it was, so Brucey gave him a description, "It's a big horrible bloated pile of metal built by Toyota. It resembles an upside down bathtub or a beached whale. It has little tiny windows that one can barely see out of. On the trunk lid, it has a huge ugly spoiler. For power, it has a straight six cylinder DOHC engine with none, one or two turbo chargers hung on it."

Mr Akimoto with a note of disgust in his voice, "So their goddamn engine needs a blow job to make a little power? What a piece of crap. Mr Akimoto will challenge one of these monstrosities tonight and show them that Mr Akimoto's 750 iL is the supreme automobile."
:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

·
4,109 Posts
I go back to the Warren Chang days, when he would post a kill story every day, it seemed...him and that guy from Detroit who always had the most incredible races with high-end cars and ended up admitting he made up most of his kills:)

I think I hold the record for having driven/worked on the most Supras without ever actually owning one:faint:

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
GTR-33 said:
I'm pretty sure SupraForums went up in Feb 01.
SF was created in 98 ... but sometime in 00 the database got fucked up and everything started from scratch again..

good for me because Jack B banned me in 2000... so when the new forum had to be started from scratch.. i came back :D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts