Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to source longer wheel studs for my MKIV.

I purchased set of rims used, and they did not clear the caliper. I ordered a set of Hubcentric adaptors from a local dealer, and he sent me HR Adaptors which come with wheel studs.

Well the HR Adaptors that were sent are for a MKIII. The Adaptor works, but the studs do not. The head has a different type of thread on it.

I have checked several places, but no one seems to make these. I know there are several people on this board that are running longer studs. I need to know who manufactures them/where to get them.

The Adaptors were 15mm. I believe the new stud is just under 2 1/2 inches.

TIA,

Howard Williams

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I have been all over the web, and can't seem to find the answer for this.

It looks like people are using Morosso 7/16 and modifying them.

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28175

FYI I couldn't find this using the search option Searching for "Wheel Studs" I found it looking under users names.

*SHRUG*

If I find anything else, I'll add it here. If someone else has any information, please chime in.

Thanks,

Howard

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
I used the Moroso .560 knurl 7/16-20 thread 2.75 long wheel studs and ordered some open ended lugs from Prestige wheels accessories.

With the Morosos you have to use a dremel with a grinding stone and take most of the knurl off to get them in. I didn't on the front wheels and it was a b!tch to get them in. Did on the rears, and it went much smoother.

I ordered the Morosos from Summit, and the lugs from Prestige directly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
www.wheelspacer.com suggested Morroso's

Rod Millen is selling bolt on adaptors, which I am not to keen on using.

I'll keep this thread alive as I try and find other sources.

There is a guy in Pittsburgh who is using the HR MKIII kit. I am waiting for details to see what all he had to do to use them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, this Saga is over.

MKIII wheel studs will work. The adaptor/studs are made by HR Springs (www.hrsprings.com)

I stuck a few of the studs in the freezer overnight (to shrink them slightly). The pushed them through, put some washers on the stud, and started torquing down the lug nut.

The person who first told me they were being used succesfully was Kent Raffery (sp). He took a rubber mallet and seated them first that way. I was doing my front studs, so my dust guard was in the way.

I hope this helps someone out.

TTYL,

Howard

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Longer studs

Are the studs longer for the 15mm than the 5mm adapter? Does H&R sell just the studs for an MA70? Any other info would be helpful, i was planning on having an 8mm adapter made and using the studs that H&R sells. any opinions on that? thanks

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
bump

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
so i can just get mk3 H&R Wheel studs? i take it they are longer then sotck by say 1/4" inch ? is this right please let me know i need a set asap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts