Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, as the title states, I'm a longtime MKII owner, and new to this forum. I have listed in my profile that I own an 83 and 86, but my wife owns the 83 "which is my daily driver" and I own the 86. I am driving hers until I get mine up and running again which has been a longtime project, and a real struggle:sad: that I'm hoping will see the street again. I am a member of two other Supra forums, and my wife is a member of one, and visits a Supra facebook page often, so some here may know us from our activity at those sites, and I'm really unsure why I've waited until now to join here, but decided to join today.

We live in Ohio, and do enjoy cleaning up the car and meeting up with other owners, and taking it to car shows, although we haven't done much of that this year due to lack of funds :(.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics!!! Welcome to the boards. What is all being done to your '86 Supra, if you don't mind me asking ;)
The 86 is an ongoing project of 5 years or better, and I really have had alot of bad luck with this restoration, and it will be a great feeling if/when it sees the road again. I owned a Cressida with a good running donor engine for the car, but timing was not on my side because I had to move, and I wasn't able to take the Cressida with me, so I was forced to sell it at a low price, and figured I'd pick up another engine after the move. The 86 was in the garage, and I hadn't started it for a couple years and my thought was I'd put a battery in it, and if it ran I'd restore it, and if it didn't, it would be gone as well. It did run so I started cutting out rust and welding in patches, and moved it to a friends to get paint. Once it was painted, it was moved to another garage for an engine swap which turned out to be a waste of time and money because the engine I put in has internal issues, the one I removed that did run was stolen by scrappers. Right now I'm just looking for a good running 5mge to stick in there so I can get the pleasure of just driving it again, while hoping someday a 7mgte swap will be in the works.

Here's a couple pics of our cars,

83 with 6M transplant...

Un-finished 86

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.