11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:D :D :D :D :D :D

custom 3 inch chrome intake pipe
VPC
SAFC2
Innovate Wideband stage 2 with RPM adapter
GReddy 60mm p/h a/f gauge

You might be asking why I have a wideband and a GReddy gauge. I'm strictly using the wideband for tuning. Once I get the a/f I feel is good, I'll install and monitor it from the GReddy to keep the Innovate one fresh and new so the sensor doesn't go bad :)

Hard earned money at work!!

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bobmarley said:
Didnt you have an AFR? just curious but why the switch?
I dunno, I like the 2 map feature of the SAFC2. I didn't wanna go around running on wot settings all the time, esp in an OBDII car with the closed/open loop shit.

·
Registered
495 Posts
michaelvanle said:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

custom 3 inch chrome intake pipe
VPC
SAFC2
Innovate Wideband stage 2 with RPM adapter
GReddy 60mm p/h a/f gauge

You might be asking why I have a wideband and a GReddy gauge. I'm strictly using the wideband for tuning. Once I get the a/f I feel is good, I'll install and monitor it from the GReddy to keep the Innovate one fresh and new so the sensor doesn't go bad :)

Hard earned money at work!!

is that the stuff kdirty sent you??? that is mighty nice of him :D

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Whatcha do for work? Seems like you are always doing something with your car.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
nice :bigthumb:
thats a good wideband.
but it used the GM sensor, so even if it goes bad from being used all the time, it's cheap to replace (compared to the NTK one)

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cosmo Supra said:
Cool. Have fun with the installs.
Hehe yea. I was done wiring in the vpc/safc2 at like 3am yesterday. It was supposed to be only a 1-2 hour job, but turned into 5. I was installing it looking at a guide for an OBDI car. I didn't wanna mess up so took my time and waited for someone to come online and asked.

Also I have a Phillip Long 2-step that interferred with one of my wires, so I didn't know what to do (still don't). I just hope the wire I spliced into is the right one.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Urban Customs said:
lets see the finished pics of everything mounted and maf removed.
Here's just some quick pics. My dp is currently out to get the bung welded. Then I'll prob have the wg reroute tube cut off and patch. Then I have to get a dumptube fabbed up. I also have to install the sensors for the vpc, install the wideband, and we good to go, I think...

Here's the VPC/SAFC2/a/f gauge in the glovebox. I think I'm gonna keep the a/f gauge there for show and not use it, since it seems like it's glued on or something (Ryan can you verify? I don't want to force it out if it's glued on).

My real intake pipe is much longer, but it's currently sent out to be fabbed up. I need to get a few nipples and shit welded onto the side. So I used the other short end (cause I cut it into 2 pieces) to just get a quick picture.

Here's my exhaust and midpipe. I ceramic coated it black. It was rusty before so I sanded it down and put ceramic paint on it. Hope it helps with the rust a little. I also just ordered black thermal wrap. I'll prob wrap my dp, and maybe my mp too.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, after playing around. I got the gauge to fit in the AC area. I just gotta get the wirings and shit in for it.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Hey, you never answered me... whatcha do... sell crack?

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Supra SONIC said:
Hey, you never answered me... whatcha do... sell crack?
Haha sell crack, that's a good one... (I guess). I'm still a student living in my folks house, so I basically don't have much bills to pay (except what I spend and shit). So I just save up whatever the fuck money I have, and spend it towards the Supra (I know it's a bad habit, lol).

My mom owns a store and I help run and manage it on the weekends. She pays me fairly well (to say the least). I know this may come across to some folks as me being "the kid that gets everything handed to me", but believe me, I work my ass off for my car and parts for it.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Ah, always nice getting new parts. Glovebox set up is simple and clean, good job.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
ha ha, turbo says "back off" :bigthumb:

yeah that glove box looks good
hmmm.... now if you added an actuator to open and close it automatically that would be awesome

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's my dp and mp wrapped in thermal wrap. I gotta let it dry overnight, then I'll put silicone coating on it so it won't get dirty and protect it from water.

Here's where I'm gonna put my wideband unit. That shit is so freaking huge. I think I'm forced to buy their gay 52mm gauge (~70). They have a cool digital one like the AEM's, but it's fucking 240.

Here's what my single looks like now. I'm gonna finish up next week and clean out the engine bay up. I'm still looking around for exhaust, wg, and dp/turbo gaskets. They are a bitch to locate at local exhaust shops. As some of you know, I just bought a GReddy RS bov, but that shit stalls to death. I just sold it a week ago (lost $40 on it), and looks like I'm gonna rebuy a new one. I didn't expect to get a VPC so soon, thanks Ryan. GL with that ole map ecu.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts