Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check it out (read about it at the end):

Allllright... so... lets see...

On Monday I was leavin school, had two of my friends with me, and we were driving down a street, I flipped up my lights, I've been liking how they look when they are up lately :) . So we come up to this intersection (4-way with lights, no turn arrow lights, I was on the residential (no "real" lanes) and I was going straight, across the main street (2 lanes going each way on the main street). So my light is green, I enter the intersection, I see a RAV4 sitting on the other side, waiting to turn left onto the main street (since they have no arrow, they legally must yield to me) when I get about... say 20ft in front of the RAV4, the driver starts going, I guessed she was just gonna go around me or somethin... but no, I get pretty damn close and then she TURNS into my left front area!! Right before this I slammed on my brakes and turned to the right, I had no real place to go since there were cars waiting at the red light on the main street, or into a big curb. She smashes into my fender, I drive a block down, park, and we get out to find 'er.... shes sittin in a parking lot, I'm guessing 80 year old lady, her car is hardly messed up at all... She didn't even say sorry!! The only comment I got from her, other than messing with all the papers etc, was "Heh, we both have silver Toyotas..." :eek:

So this is weak, of course, but hopefully not too weak...:)

See That area of my car was all ready messed up from the previous owner, if any of you had seen pics of my car on that side, I guess it had been hit between the fender and door, and shittily repaired. I was already planning on replacing those 2 pieces, in fact I have a fender and door sitting in my garage I got a month ago. And after looking at the damage, the head light does not seem to have been effected (thank god) and there is no frame or suspension damage for sure. Just the fender, door, clear corner, header panel, front bumper skin, plastic black surround for the head light. The appraiser is coming tomorrow, I'm gonna be pretty happy if I get all that stuff I was gonna replace anyway gets fixed for free :)

Last thing... all I can say is... I am sooo lucky I flipped my lights up...( just look at the header panel shoved where the light would have been flipped down)

3,796 Posts
OUCH!!! That sucks man....fuckin old women drivers.

Best of luck collecting.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
OUCH!

i hope you get a good shop to spray it, silver can be hard to match sometimes.

·
turbo
582 Posts
man that sucks, oh well at least you can get your car fixed for free and get that door fixed. I think you car is the best silver mk3 I ve seen and I like the white wheels on it. Post some pics up when its all fixed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Kill that bitch!

I hope it turns out alright for you. I had an incident before in my N/A. The repair makes it look just like new, but knowing that it was hit really bothers my concious sometimes.:p

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SupraTrey said:
clean your rims lol!
haha, yea yea yea, I actually was on my way to go burnout my old tires on my saw blades, so I was about to shine up my wheels real nice for the pictures and video, but NO....rav4... thats my non-powdercoated rim anyway (if anyone was wonderin why it has a silver lip and middle)

After finding out what the appraiser has to say, I will find my future plans out.. whatever the outcome, it will be waaaay better than before

oh yea, forgot to add:

Shes payin for it all, and that same day, we drove it home (tire rubbin) and bashed the fender out, drove around and I smoked the shit out of a VW golf at a light haha, great fun when your car is a "beater" :bigthumb:

·
the clever guy
782 Posts
Not sure if I should offer condolences or congratulations....so let's go with both :( :) Gotta love the response though "heh, we both have silver toyotas" lol Had granny cut in front of me once....followed to let her know she almost died "I'm usually more careful...." mustve been "no need to pay attention to my driving" Day for senior citizens

Good luck with the repairs.

·
Toyota/Lexus Owner
410 Posts
Don't worry, that just means you get a free paintjob. I got hit by a Touareg with minimal damage and I got to take my Supra to a shop and get a full paintjob. Goodluck.

S

·
0 Posts
Burning ur old tires...ya without ur buddy Matt.:( I know u wheren't gonna call!!! LOL... I'm furious... Totally Furious... Remember, volvo+Supra= corey gets a beat down... Man this guy almost ran into my MINT 1967 volvo 1800S in a gas station... I was freakin out! R u sure it was the old lady's fault?:D :p

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
Forget trying to salvage anything .. dunno about insurance in Washington, but in NY, if you own the car (don't have a loan), you get to choose what you want done, and what level of quality, and the insurance company has to cover it up to the person's policy (minimum liability in NY is $25k I think) (it's the law, even though they'll try to convince you otherwise). Find the best body shop you can, and make sure they replace the bumper and everything. It shouldn' cost you a dime.

Sucks that it happend to begin with though.... looks like you had a pretty clean car.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea sammy, thats pretty much was I was thinking, sept you made it sound even better haha, I will be for sure looking into that, find some toyota dealer, get a crazy quote

·
Mk3-Mk45-Passport-Eagle
570 Posts
what i would do is get a HIGH quote from a very expensive body shop, then get the check from the insurance :)........then get a used fender from a junkyard or supraforums, get your self a nice bomex bumber like me :) and take it to any ole body shop and have them paint it.....good luck bro hope it works out for the best

·
Registered
922 Posts
Was hit in that exact same place, except it wasn't that much damage as yours. I was at a stop sign in an intersection waiting to turn left onto the main road. Guy in a Jeep Cherokee attempted to make a right onto the road I was on. He took the turn too fast, locked the brakes up and $%^&!! hit me in that same place. No damage to the Jeep because he had all the momentum. Just as an fyi a new fender from Toyota cost about $270.

·
Registered
468 Posts
ah

ahh sucks dood, well kinda... i would defently go to the most expensive places and get quotes or really respectable places, that way the car comes out the cleanest :) oh btw where doo you always get those hott chicks for your sig? ;) but yea good thing you had your lights up haha.. :-D oh yeah and when first saw this post.. i was thinking.. wow the rav 4 fenders fit the supra...

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: ah

ippyness said:
....where doo you always get those hott chicks for your sig? ;) ....and when first saw this post.. i was thinking.. wow the rav 4 fenders fit the supra...
:lol: yea, I kinda go tired of seeing these threads titled "Another dead supra" or "AHHH! My supra got hit!!"

I grab dem girls around sites, let's just say its Victoria's little secret ;)

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
That really sucks man!!!

I would frikkin flip if someone hit my PHAT ride!

heh

Good luck gettin everything back together!

Jason

P

·
0 Posts
LOL at first i thought i was looking at a spinning image of my own car :eek:!! well that suxs bro im sad to see a pretty silver supra get hit like that :( but im sure that she will be vary pretty when you get her back... I cant wait to see it.
best of luck and oh yeah with my old red supra had some old man thought it was a parking curb :( it was hit on the same side as yours lol seeing yours brought back some memories but it sure is a blast when they fix it all up for free and the day you pick it up is like getting a hole new car!

-Clint

1 - 20 of 20 Posts