Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this article (thanks to whoever posted this, i forgot who).

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

I have decided to get rid of my hks intake and go with the apexi. My engine just got rebuilt after a bhg and i would hate for a piece of the sponge filter of the hks to break off and enter my turbo, thats like turbo rape.

So I was just wondering what intakes you guys like the best I want to go with the Apexi but im just wondering why its so cheep and this article did not review the Blitz SUS Air Intake System what do you guys think of that one??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
This is pretty old news. It's been posted before. A lot of people like the Apexi. I'm not sure if the Blitz is any better but you can't go wrong with the Apexi.
 

·
BMM
Joined
·
2,329 Posts
:werd:

hks=bad
K&N, apexi, blitz=good :D
 

·
make that blkGT4294 LOL!
Joined
·
827 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:
After reading this article (thanks to whoever posted this, i forgot who).

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

I have decided to get rid of my hks intake and go with the apexi. My engine just got rebuilt after a bhg and i would hate for a piece of the sponge filter of the hks to break off and enter my turbo, thats like turbo rape.

So I was just wondering what intakes you guys like the best I want to go with the Apexi but im just wondering why its so cheep and this article did not review the Blitz SUS Air Intake System what do you guys think of that one??
I think you should use the search button and try to buy a clue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,110 Posts
I still remember the day when we pulled my buddy Drew's air filter off, and half the foam on the inside was missing. I was like "You know where that went, right?". Good times.
 

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
heheh that article is the main reason why i have my apexi now
 

·
BMM
Joined
·
2,329 Posts
Zach90Turbo said:
I still remember the day when we pulled my buddy Drew's air filter off, and half the foam on the inside was missing. I was like "You know where that went, right?". Good times.

:rofl:
 

·
Destroyer of Turbos
Joined
·
4,461 Posts
Zach90Turbo said:
I still remember the day when we pulled my buddy Drew's air filter off, and half the foam on the inside was missing. I was like "You know where that went, right?". Good times.
aww drew bashing.... that guy always was running a few pounds short
 

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
The Blitz steel filter is one of the worst at actually filtering. I have an Options Mag that placed it firmly in last place. The pics of the dirt that it let by were disturbing.

For an AFM'd engine, the Apex-i rated the best at filtration, while remaining a top runner in flow. If you go speed-density, then K&N is the natural choice.

Take care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Larry_A said:
The Blitz steel filter is one of the worst at actually filtering. I have an Options Mag that placed it firmly in last place. The pics of the dirt that it let by were disturbing.

For an AFM'd engine, the Apex-i rated the best at filtration, while remaining a top runner in flow. If you go speed-density, then K&N is the natural choice.

Take care.
Well I was going to get the apexi because of yous guys advice but after reading this post im confused all over again :stickpoke
 

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:
Well I was going to get the apexi because of yous guys advice but after reading this post im confused all over again :stickpoke
The Apex-i filter must be bolted to its adapter, which then bolts directly to the AFM. If you convert from AFM to Speed-Density or MAF-T or equivalent, the AFM is removed in the process, & you must go shopping for a new filter setup. If you have no intention of modding your air metering from AFM, then go with the Apex-i filter.

Take care.
 

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
Joined
·
9,352 Posts
Or, if you're going with some sort of MAP or blow-through setup, just get the Apex'i replacement filter and have the pipe to the turbo made so that the filter will bolt onto it. :)
 

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
Or, if you're going with some sort of MAP or blow-through setup, just get the Apex'i replacement filter and have the pipe to the turbo made so that the filter will bolt onto it. :)
True, but let's recognize the hassle of fabricating that funky round 4-bolt flange, or even worse, modding the adapter that the kit came with. When choosing AFM alternatives, plain pipe & a very large generic K&N is the way to go for cost, performance, & looks.
The worry of an oiled filter is removed when the AFM is taken out of the equation.

I do agree that the dry Apex-i filter is definitely the best choice for the AFM'd crew.

Take care.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top