Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tampa Bay Supras
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is engine #1 that went a few months ago... Currently assessing damage on engine #2 and weighing options for engine #3....... within 3 months

Again this isn't mine, just a friend's (with bad luck)

S

·
0 Posts
Ouch.

Ask your friend how badly the rods were knocking, and why did he keep driving it like that.

May want to check the oil level little more often next time also. :)

Unfortunately speaking from experience here. :(

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
actually shawndude......

it all happened within about 10 seconds....main cap bolt broke..caused the bearing to spin...and it threw the bearing out the bottom of the oil pan and the rod through the side of the block...

oil was ALWAYS topped off and if anything had a little MORE then it should have.....

it sucks cause the engine was rebuilt almost 100 percent... before this it had about 7k miles on it since the rebuild....

not much i could have done..i was done in by a damn $1.00 bolt...... :dunno:

oh and jeremy i hate you lol.....those pics look worse now that they are blown up and on my comp! lol....oh well.... :wtf:

S

·
0 Posts
That sucks man!

At least in my case, it was all my fault. Low oil, major rod knock, figured what the hell........keep driving it and it threw the same rod out in the same place like yours.

I think it's usually the #1 and #6 rods that get starved of oil first, but #1 seems to be the one to go foremost when there is an oil problem.

Errr, anyone else have any rods through the block observations that we could learn something from?

·
5,467 Posts
lol...yeah i was just telling jeremy (gaiter83) that if it was actually my fault i wouldnt be so pissed and/or upset about it lol....

oh well like i said not much i can really do about these things.....

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
how the hell do you do that? It's amazing the damage that can happen from the fast movin internals...

I saw a dodge truck once shoot the remnants of a piston through his hood once...

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
SoCal to the rescue! we got ur back Jayson! hopefully we can send u some hope in a BIG crate! ;) :cool:

·
5,467 Posts
SupraNick said:
SoCal to the rescue! we got ur back Jayson! hopefully we can send u some hope in a BIG crate! ;) :cool:
hehe im hoping! im really really really really hoping!

and yeah thats a big hole! lol....compare the hole size to jeremys feet in the one picture lol.:eek:

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
oh crap thats one horrible hole u just created!!

the markings on the rod seems from high heat friction.u could see the colorings in the middle of the broken rod. but seesh!! you NOW will need a completely new block! rod knock is a nasty thing we all experience!!!

I guess its time for us all to buy an oil accumlator. it would definitely save our 7M !!!

W

·
0 Posts
man.. its still good... just put some glass in there so you can look in and see how your motor is runnin..;)

X

·
0 Posts
yeah and fill it up with some water and put some fish in there too :) make for a nice 300pound fish tank :D

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Someone over-revved.... :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
:lol: :lol: ... man feel bad now... we are getting laughs from someones blown motor thats gonna cost them lots of money:wtf: ...... we are sorry dude!

·
5,467 Posts
yeah the main bolts were reused ...they all looked good...honestly i never thought of using arp bolts but it sure would have been a good idea for a little more money lol...

its all good abuot what you guys are saying..and actually the block is gonna become a coffee table in my new apt :) ill make sure to post pics of that when its all said and done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts