Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is moving out in a hurry and is giving away his things... free turbo!

It's a t3 with 80k or so miles, in need of a rebuild. Would this be suitable for an NA>T conversion with relatively low power goals? (250-300rwhp)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It wont fit the stock manifold/dp. It would be much cheaper for you to go with the ct-26 for the NA-T than do all the work to make this turbo fit.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
I tell you what, I'll give you triple what you paid for it shipped..... =) <- Really, I might take it for a resonable price, let me know.

And that was a partial whore post just so I could hit 500!! Wootness.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I didnt know they made turbo's that small... :lol:

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it would be better-suited for a 4-banger, then?
Too bad my 22re is 10:1 CR. I could probobly get away with 8 psi and still use pump gas, though. hmmmm...

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
garret t3's come on 84-89 300zx t's. not sure what trim that one is, but a ct26 would be a much better bet.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
id love to get a hold of a turbo like that, clean it up, and make a bong outta it :D

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
williamb82 said:
garret t3's come on 84-89 300zx t's. not sure what trim that one is, but a ct26 would be a much better bet.
Nope, 84-87. 88-89 300ZX Turbos had a T25, which is smaller.

The CT26 is larger than that by quite a bit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
Nope, 84-87. 88-89 300ZX Turbos had a T25, which is smaller.

The CT26 is larger than that by quite a bit.
He's right,the T25 was used later one because of the bump in compression from like 7.5:1 to 8.1:1. Horsepower stayed the same because the t25 was boosted to ~9psi,and the T3 was set at 6.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
FinalRights said:
He's right,the T25 was used later one because of the bump in compression from like 7.5:1 to 8.1:1. Horsepower stayed the same because the t25 was boosted to ~9psi,and the T3 was set at 6.
I believe the 88-89 had an extra 5hp, due to the higher compression and slightly higher boost, and it had a lot less lag due to the smaller turbo. :)

The T3 has more potential, but even so, any way you look at it, you're gonna need to upgrade the turbo at some point, they're both pretty small.

A T3 wouldn't be a bad turbo for an N/A-T though, but you'd need a manifold for it.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
yeah, the 84-89(early 89) had hte garrett t25. The T3 wouldnt be bad for an n/a-t, if you can find a manifold for it for pretty cheap go for it. Seeing as you got it for free, you could always turbo the 22re :D lol. The Z32 had twin t2/t25

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Get rid of the ugly rusted part, chrome out the fins and make a spinners necklace

1 - 20 of 21 Posts