Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car arrived on Wednesday and I didn't have a chance to go over it from front to back until today. Look what I found on two of my wheels :mad:

The car has just sat in the garage since arriving. The wheels have less than 400 miles on them and were mint. It's obviously from shipping, because the sidewalls next to the scratches show clear signs of sitting against the brace too. No big deal you may say looking at the pic, but it is to me as they were perfect but now they aren't.

I just emailed them the pic and am going to call Monday to maybe file a claim. I specifically asked them beforehand if the wheels would NOT be damaged in any way from bracing and stressed that I don't want anything to happen to them. Sure, no problem they said.

In the meantime, any idea on how to get this shit off? A brief try at rubbing it off failed, it's scratched and won't budge. Would polishing help? I don't know if the HRE 545R lip is chrome, I'll call them to find the exact material to ask if it can be polished.

[email protected][email protected]% shipper :die:

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
pita because they were perfect but good thing about polish is dremel and some hand polish make them perfect again.

dont worry it's an easy fix.

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
exvelocity said:
HRE lips or barrels never get chromed, so you'll have no problem polishing that out
Since when? The wheels in question look to just be polished but, my 540's are fully chromed.

Brad

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
I damaged my wheel worse than that and so my wheel got fixed and it turned out perfect after I paid $100

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Congrats Stefan!! I guess you finally took delivery of the car.

I'd be pissed as hell if I found out my newly bought mint supra came with imperfections from the shipping company. But, don't sweat it too much. As others said, it looks like an easy fix.

Happy motoring.:)

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
banton said:
Since when? The wheels in question look to just be polished but, my 540's are fully chromed.

Brad
Are you sure it's not a really high polish? I've seen quite a few high polished rims that look chrome. Cause when I had a conversation with someone from HRE they metal material they make the rims out of can be chrome, but it chips easily. So they quite chroming.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
banton said:

Brad
that's what you think, I have set of custom built set of chrome 20"s HRE 540R on my widebody GS ,only the center is chrome, the lip is polished like a mirror,

HRE does not chrome the lips

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
exvelocity said:
that's what you think, I have set of custom built set of chrome 20"s on my widebody GS ,only the center is chrome, the lip is polished like a mirror,

HRE does not chrome the lips
I will trust you guys are correct, but it is weird how mine have gotten some minor bubbles/ flakes over the years on the rims just like I have on my chromed center sections.

Next you will tell my me they never came with polished brass fastners :)

Brad

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Ouch that sucks...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts