Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going Saturday to look at a supra. Its a '90 turbo 5 speed w/targa and has 135k. An '89 turbo with 91k slipped through my fingers so now I found this one.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is; can you guys come up with a checklist for me so I know what to look for. Signs of a bent frame, BHG, etc. Pls help me out before Sat.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
Well As For BHG Theres tons of stuff. just search for that.

as for other things make sure all the lights and crap work.
Check Oil
PS Fluid
COOLANT !
Tranny Shifts Smooth
Does xhaust puff white smoke or smell like coolant ? :p (BHG)
For frame damage i have no idea unless you take the fenders and stuff off. but thats just a PAIN the A$$ :mad:

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
Take off the accordian hose and check the shaft of the turbo for play. Check for leaky valve cover gaskets. Take a look under it to see if it's dripping/leaking anything..Tire wear

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Supra's a VERY quiet cars, so any excessive noise, needs to be checked out. our engines don't run very smooth at high rpms, so dont really worry bout that (5800-6500) the turbo should come on line smoothly, no wierd noises... sometimes the window switches dont work, (contacts get dirty, easy fix) you can use this as a arguing point... also, make sure the HVAC works... wish i had dont that:rolleyes:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When taking it for a drive, get as much speed as you *legally* can. That way if there is anything wrong with the tires, tie rods, ball joints or whatever you can probably feel it. If there is any shimmy in the wheel, check the tires for rubber separating (bubbles basically), if thats not it, check the ball joint and other 'stuff' that makes the tire turn.

Also, just cause the car might pull one way or another, doesn't simply mean the allignment is off, could be something a lot more serious.....check it out.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grankor said:

Also, just cause the car might pull one way or another, doesn't simply mean the allignment is off, could be something a lot more serious.....check it out.
yeah, but it could also be something as simple as low tire pressure on one side. worn out tires that haven't been rotated, and balanced properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts