Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
you COULD get a clip from XAT racing or CFP off of 118th ave, at the Secret SErvices old shop. i think they can get clips too. you really should get the jza70 clip, not a Soarer... assuming youre doing a MK3 swap, not an SC300 swap. try not to pay more than $2300 for an Auto clip and $2700 for a 5sp clip. make sure you are there when the thing arrives. some shops have a tendancy to take all the aftermarket parts off the clip and exhange them for stock pieces. XAT is notorious for that shit...

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
any chance they have jza70 clips... not just motorsets and accessories?

·
Nudest Camp Counselor
572 Posts
Generally no, the only clip they have now is a chaser for a cressida body conversion project, take up way to much space.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
oh, gotcha. am i to assume that if someone wanted to, they could place an order for a jza70 clip? and then just show up at the shop when it comes into town to take it home?

·
Nudest Camp Counselor
572 Posts
I'm pretty sure thats how it would work. Their number is 321-446-6644, talk to Rob.

·
jdm junk collector
475 Posts
actually when you buy from Grip you get everything you need including intercooler,intercooler piping ,hydro fans ,you name it. Actually you get everything thats in a clip outside of the usless parts. call em first then dis them later.....

·
Registered
956 Posts
Theres alot of small things on the clip you need, I will definitely call them though. I know one person who has bought a motor from them, and it turned out good. On their page it says 1JZ-GTE motor sets, includes motor, tranny, uncut harness, and ecu. Top shelf hand picked motors with under 60k kilometers. Start up and limited warrantee. Contact us for more information.
Starting at 2800$. That to me does not mean everything you need form the clip. To me, that means motor, tranny, harness,and ecu. In fact it doesnt even state you get the turbos. Maybe they need some better wording for their advertisement.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea, their page is generic, but it does come with everything you need to swap and get it running iirc..

·
Nudest Camp Counselor
572 Posts
I can attest, getting a engine set is not always a complete "set", happened to me before. The ones at Grip are infact complete, everything you would need other than the actual half cut.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i highly doubt they give you the hood latch brace that accomodates the 1jz fmic. the ma70 hood latch brace has horns mounted to it and is shaped in such a way that it prevents the 1jz fmic to bolt to the core support. also, you need the jza70 overflow bottle and bracket because the ma70 coolant bottle and bracket hang down too far and imterfere w/ the top tank of the 1jz fmic. i would also highly recommend pulling the 1jz fuse box from under the hood as well as separating the 1jz alternator wiring from the harness that runs across the core support to graft it into the ma70 harness.

like i said, a clip is much better than a "complete" motor set with "everything" you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts